Chapter 10 - Mistletoe

When Adrien and Marinette arrived at the Bourgeois Hotel, Kim, Ondine and Max were also just arriving. The boys were both wearing ugly Christmas sweaters and Kim clearly looked as though he had preloaded on drinks before he came. Ondine on the other hand had opted for a simple red party dress and was helping Max keep her very merry boyfriend in line.

Inside the venue, the room had been decorated with bunting and holly and there was a beautiful Christmas tree near the dance floor. Almost all of their friends from school were there, either members of the Miraculous Team or part of the group by association. In a way Marinette was happy that there was no more secrets among them, especially with the support they were all able to offer to Adrien in those first few dark days after Gabriel's downfall.

Zoé rushed over to greet them all and show them to the buffet. The mayor had spared no expense for his step-daughter with a lavish spread. Alya and Nino were already there and the intrepid reporter was quick to spy Adrien's hand holding onto her best friends. Was that a sign of progress? Of course, it was always difficult for Alya to decipher anything with those two and she also knew that as Ladybug and Chat Noir, they shared a closeness that was different to others. Still, she had her back up plans just in case.

As the guests continued to arrive, Luka and the other members of Kitty Section set up to play. Marinette hadn't really seen Luka since that final battle with Shadow Moth. Zoé went over to talk to them and Marinette noticed that Luka's eyes followed her across the room as she talked with other guests.

The Kitty Section played a set of Christmas songs to get everyone in the festive mood. Zoé also joined them up on stage for a few songs, playing a tambourine and looking like she was having the time of her life. Marinette was happy to see Chloé's sister enjoying herself after having been left behind the way she was and it was clear that she and Luka were enjoying each other's company.

Adrien took Marinette by the hand and led her onto the dance floor where they were joined by a few of the other couples. He spun her around, her dress flaring out like he had the night before in her room, and she giggled as he dropped her into a dip, his eyes shining. They hadn't been dancing long when Kim suddenly called out. "Hey look, Adrien and Marinette are under mistletoe."

Looking up, they discovered there was indeed a hanging ball of the festive plants above their heads where the mirror ball usually would hang. Where had that come from? Marinette didn't think it had been there when they arrived.

"You know the rules." Alya said smugly. "It's a tradition to kiss under the mistletoe." Marinette knew that look on Alya's face. She had something to do with this, Marinette was certain.

"Kiss, kiss, kiss." Rose started chanting through the microphone and everyone else joined in clapping.

Adrien gave Marinette a very Chat smirk. "May I have the honor of this kiss m'lady?" He asked with a low bow.

"You may." She replied, trying not to giggle.

Adrien knew everyone was no doubt expecting something a little shy and unsure. So instead Adrien took Marinette's face in both of his hands and gave her a deep, passionate kiss that not only sent her completely weak at the knees, but also sent the room into an eruption of cheers and applause.

Alya's mouth practically dropped at the open specticle. "Wait a minute." She said as the two tried to catch their breath. "That was no first kiss. When did this happen?" She demanded, pointing between them.

"Last night." Marinette admitted, her cheeks glowing. Adrien wrapped his arms around her waist and hugged her from behind.

"It's official." He added. "We're finally dating."