Chapter 5 - Ice

Adrien wondered if he was dreaming when he woke up to find Marinette still in his arms. He was a little stiff from the position he was in, but he wouldn't have traded it for anything. He gently brushed her hair back from her face, causing her to begin to stir.

"Good morning Princess." He said, smiling down at her as she sleepily opened her eyes. She slowly closed then, snuggling into him before reality hit her and her eyes then suddenly widened and she sat up with a start.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to stay all night." She panicked. "I must have fallen asleep."

"I didn't mind." He smiled at her fondly. "You looked like you needed the rest and, if I can be honest it was the best sleep I've had for a long time." He lifted her hand and softly kissed the back of it. "So thank you." He said, looking up from her hand from under his eyelashes, his long locks hanging loose around his shoulders looking unfairly good.

Marinette blushed shyly, getting out of the bed and tying her hair up into a messy bun.

"I'll um...go and um...make some coffee, yeah?" She stuttered while putting her dressing gown on.

"I'd love some coffee." Adrien replied, watching her as she bumped into the doorframe as she left the room, her cheeks practically glowing. He laid back with his hands behind his head and left out a contented sigh. He wouldn't mind waking up like that every morning.

A few minutes later, Plagg came and sat on the pillow next to his chosen with a cheese stuffed danish. He was actually purring with delight as he bit into its gooey centre, dropping pastry flakes all around him.

"Plagg you grub, you're getting crumbs in the bed." Adrien complained, flicking the flakes off the pillow, but the black cat ignored him.

"You need to marry that girl kid." Plagg said matter of fact. "This is the best thing I've ever eaten, and it's still warm."

"Plagg, I don't even have a kiss with her that I remember let alone have the nerve to ask her out on a date." Adrien replied, getting out of bed and looking out the window. "She's so amazing and I'm...Ladybug always said she would never date Chat Noir."

"But Marinette never said she wouldn't date Adrien." The Kwami said mischievously.

Adrien looked at his Kwami before looking back out the window in thought. "You know mum always said that Christmas was a time for miracles. Maybe she might have been right."

~~~~~
After breakfast, Adrien and Marinette arranged their meeting point with Alya and Nino and made their way to the family side door. Putting on their warm coats and beanies, Marinette saw Adrien wrapping around his neck the blue scarf she had made him all those years ago for his birthday, but which he always thought was from his father. She quickly looked away when he saw her staring.

"I never did get to thank you for this." He said, running his fingers along the edges. Marinette looked at him in surprise.

"How did you know?"

"I was throwing out some stuff that my father had given me over the years. Nothing very important or sentimental. Alya and Nino came over to help me move some stuff to storage when Alya saw this in the pile. She told me what happened and why you never told me about it." He took down her pink scarf from the hanger and carefully tied it around her. "So thank you."

"You're welcome." She said softly. "Maybe I can make you a beanie and gloves to match."

"I'd love that." He replied, opening the door for her.

There was fresh white powder everywhere. Although the footpaths had been cleared, they were still quite icy. As they walked along, Adrien took Marinette's hand in his and laced their fingers together. Marientte looked up at him and he grinned down at her. "I wouldn't want you to slip over."