Chapter 9- Dallas Part Two

Marilyn woke up that evening braced for the company she was about to endure; they had all planned to meet with the Dallas vampires to discuss the 'current situation' which she was assuming was that Godric had gone missing. She pulled on her most decent clothes she didn't feel it was right to show up in ripped jeans and a biker jacket, so she opted for her dark green vest and leggings.

A few minutes later we were all gathered in the living room of Eric's hotel suite. Marilyn had only been standing in the corner for almost the whole time, she thought it was best she stayed out of the way whilst the others discussed their plans on how to save Godric, but it was also easier to hear the Vampire's thoughts when she wasn't engaging in conversation with them as well. The female vampire Isabel didn't have much on her mind except for finding who stole her sheriff and her human lover. Marilyn realised that could be useful later if they decided to turn on us. The male on the other hand was interesting, it seemed he wanted sheriff all for himself and couldn't care either way if we saved Godric or not. Marilyn had to admit he was rather intimidating even in his cowboy-style clothes, he seemed to emit a certain power and arrogance towards women.

"You should have told me Eric hired a fucking human Isabel," the male vampire said in a rather disagreeable tone.

"Now wait just a minute" Sookie interjected about to defend herself, but Bill got there first by telling them to respect Sookie.

"I couldn't tell you, Stan. You've been off on your own for days" Isabel retorted

Eric cut in trying to change the topic back to what he really cared about, Marilyn knew he couldn't stand all this petty arguing when his maker was out there somewhere possibly hurt or worse. Marilyn pushed those thoughts to the back of her mind; she couldn't think like that if only for Eric's sake.

"Are you certain Godric was abducted by the fellowship of the sun?" Eric questioned making sure he got all his facts right before proceeding any further.

Isabel and Stan answered at the same time one saying yes, the other saying no, their indecisiveness was getting on Marilyn's nerves just a little bit. If they weren't sure who took Godric then what was the point in this meeting?

"They're the only ones with the organization and manpower" Stan defended

"But they are amateurs it doesn't make any sense," Isabel argued

They went on like this for a while just arguing back and forth about who was right and whether they should storm the Fellowship's church. Until Stookie brought up the idea that Marilyn and herself should go to the church and see if there were any signs of Godric ever being there. Of course, Bill hated the idea but Eric on the other hand was all for it. Before definitively giving his answer Eric looked in Marilyn's direction trying to determine her view on this plan. So, she spoke to him through the only way she knew how. I'll do it she said sending the thought straight to Eric's head. He tilted his head as if to ask if she was sure, her only response was a slight nod of her head. After that Eric announced that Marilyn and Sookie would both go to the Fellowship of the Sun church and see what they can find out.

Once that had been decided Marilyn made her way back to her room, she didn't need to hear Bill argue with Eric about Sookie's safety she had heard it all before and knew the argument would end with Sookie claiming she can take care of herself and doesn't need to protect her. Although there's quite a bit of evidence against that point.

A few hours had passed when a knock came at her door, it was Isabel. She asked Marilyn to join her in Bill and Sookie's suite, Marilyn followed Isabel and a man whom she assumed was Isabel's human lover. All three of them walked in silence down the dimly lit corridor.

"Is it true you can read the minds of vampires?" Isabel asked breaking what was peaceful silence.

"Did Eric tell you that?" Marilyn asked whilst trying to decern whether it was safe to tell Isabel the truth.

"Bill actually. He didn't tell me directly, but it was brought up when he was arguing with Eric and the plan to infiltrate the Fellowship of the Sun."

"Of course, it was Bill" Marilyn muttered under her breath "And yes, it's true, I can read the minds of vampires."

"Hmmm" was all Isabel said in response. There was no time for further conversation as they had reached Bill and Sookie's hotel room.

It took Bill and Sookie several moments to open the door and when they did, they both appeared wearing grey hotel bathrobes giving a clear indication of what they had just been doing. Marilyn stifled a chuckle whilst Isabel explained why they were here. They each took a seat on either one of the two sofas placed in the room, Marilyn took a seat next to Sookie so that she was facing Isabel and her companion. Isabel explained that the man sitting next to her was called Hugo and how much they both loved each other. She also explained how she felt guilty just letting Marilyn and Sookie go to the church on their own and wanted to offer Hugo's help in any way. It was then that it was decided that Sookie and Hugo would pretend to be engaged whilst Marilyn was posing as the maid of honor helping with the decision to choose a church for the bride and groom to be married in. Marilyn didn't actually mind this plan if only because she knew how the church felt about single females and if just her and Sookie turned up tomorrow without any male presence, they'd be more likely to tell something was up. All three of them made the decision to meet up at the hotel bar the next morning before driving to the church together. Marilyn was obviously skeptical about whether the plan would work but they had to try if only to make sure Godric wasn't rotting in some vampire-hating dungeon. 

Author Note- Sorry it's taken so long for this chapter to be uploaded. Now that I'm on school holidays the chapter updates will be more regular. Also, I wanted to make the Fellowship church its own chapter hence why I've ended this chapter here.