Chapter 6- A New Beginning

Marilyn had spent the last few nights at Fangtasia, it seemed to be how she was spending every evening now. After another body had been discovered in Andy's car the same evening Sookie and Sam had taken care of Rene which was a shock, to say the least. Eric and Pam thought it best she didn't spend her evenings alone and Marilyn recalled them using the word "Vulnerable".  According to Sookie the person who had been killed was a lady called Miss Josephine, her heart had been ripped out of her chest, and to make a bad situation worse Tara knew Miss Josephine she had been the one to 'cure' her mother of her Alcoholism or demon as her mother would say. So, Sookie had been busy dealing with the new murders but also spending some quality time with Bill and his progeny. Jason had embraced the ideas of this vampire-hating church called the fellowship of the sun which has meant he wasn't exactly loved by everyone especially Bill, Sookie, and Eric. When Marilyn goes to visit Eric, she's learned it's safer to just avoid the topic of her brother all together. She hadn't even seen much of Jason since he'd been released from jail after being accused of killing all those women, she felt like he was avoiding her but didn't want to push him as they've never really been close. In other news, Lafayette was still missing. No one had noticed right away as they were all caught up in the murders but after that died down Sam noticed Lafayette hadn't shown up for any of his shifts and was now threatening to fire him if he didn't come to work soon. Marilyn had her own ideas about where he might be which was what she was doing tonight. Driving to Fangtasia in broad daylight knowing Eric and Pam won't be up and the only person she'll run into is Ginger, who won't be much of a challenge for her. Marilyn had had her suspicions about Lafayette being in Fangtasia after she learned that Eric had found out about Lafayette selling vampire blood, and after spending several evenings with Eric she knows how much he hates people selling vampire blood and that anyone who does should be punished. She and Eric had been growing close even though they hadn't spent that long together she felt like she'd known him for years. He opened up to her and told her things she knew he hadn't told anyone else, and she did the same, it was a special kind of relationship one she didn't want to ruin with accusations. Hence why she was going to Fangtasia in the day, Marilyn wanted to make sure she was right before confronting Eric but also Pam who seems to have become her new best friend. She pulled up outside the vampire club and just sat there for several minutes hoping she was wrong about where Lafayette was because she didn't need another lecture from her sister about how bad a person Eric is or how it's not good for her to be spending so much time with him. And this was coming the girl who literally spends every minute awake with Bill and when she's not with him she's thinking about him. Marilyn pulled herself out of her thoughts and walked over to the bright red doors, she didn't bother to knock as she knew the doors would be unlocked. Ginger keeps forgetting to lock them during the day both Eric and Pam have reminded her multiple times, but she just seems to keep forgetting. Marilyn opened the doors quietly hoping not to alert Ginger of her presence before going inside, the club looked so different in the day as if the night brought this place to life. Marilyn speed walked over to the door she knew lead to the basement even though she'd never been down there herself because Eric had said the room was off-limits, which was red flag number one now that she thought about it. She anticipated the door would be locked which was why she snatched the keys on her last visit here. Quickly unlocking the door, she slipped inside the darkness on the other side, outstretching her arms trying to find a light switch to illuminate the space around her. After nearly tripping over her own feet several times she found a piece of string which turned on the lights, the bright light blinded her which meant taking several seconds to adjust to her new surroundings. That's when she saw it, a huge metal pole in the middle of the room with several people attached to it. And there in the corner was her friend huddled in a ball covered in what she hoped was just dirt, but she knew better. Marilyn took a few moments to process the image in front of her but even if she had all the time in the world, she would never be able to stomach what she was seeing. How could Eric do this? She made her way down the other steps to where Lafayette is. Once she had walked through the unknown substances that have now caked her shoes, she crouched down in front of him. Marilyn reached out a hand to touch his arm, but he pulled away from her.