Chapter 2 - Bill Fucking Compton

Bill Compton. The vampire her own sister has fallen head over heels in love with. The vampire whose blood she drank and is now having weird dreams about. The vampire who Marilyn was coming to dislike rather quickly.

After an hour of sitting in the booth and hearing Sookie recall the events that have been happening over the last few days. Maudette Pickens and Dawn have both been murdered and the whole town thinks its Jason because he slept with both – typical out of all the women in town the ones that had to be murdered were of course the ones her brother had slept with. Talk about bad luck. Sookie then went on to explain how she and Bill went to vampire club called Fangtasia. Where coincidently the vampire who owns the bar needs her help. Marilyn was taken aback by that piece of information, what made Sookie think that Marilyn was going to help a vampire.

"So, what do you think?" Sookie asked pulling Marilyn out of her overwhelming thoughts.

"About what? Helping some vampire?"

"His name is Eric, and someone has been stealing money from his bar and he needs our help finding out who did it and I thought since you can read vampires minds you might be able to help."

"Seriously Sookie, I come out all this way after not seeing you for 5 years and the first thing you ask of me is to read some vampires mind to see whose been stealing his money. Most sisters ask about work or anything except that."

"We're not most sisters."

"Yeah, I know." She said sullenly, silently wishing they were normal. Marilyn wished that when she came home it wasn't 'Hey sis I've met a vampire and now I'm in love' but 'Hey Mary how's life in New York' and 'I'm dating Sam who's a totally normal guy'. Marilyn would give anything to be normal. Too not have to constantly drink to keep the ghosts at bay and to not constantly be surrounded by death. But then again Marilyn's life has never been normal.

Her and Sookie continued to talk as they drove home to Gran's house. She couldn't wait to see the woman who had raised. As soon as the car stopped Marilyn jumped out of the yellow tin can and ran up the porch steps as fast as she could. She charged straight into the kitchen remembering that's where Gran use to spend most of her time, only to find it empty. Marilyn ran around the rest of the house in search of the old woman but found no one. Marilyn turned to find Sookie standing in the living room with a look of despair on her face.

"I was going to tell you. I promise."

"How?" Marilyn turned her eyes to the newly polished floor looking away from Sookie; Gran loved a clean floor. The memories of seeing Gran always cleaning this house brought tears to her eyes. Gran loved this house it was her pride and joy, she loved it almost as much as all the Stackhouse siblings. Marilyn couldn't believe that someone had hurt her, let alone kill her.

"She was murdered like Dawn and Maudette. Bill thinks the killer was really after me but since I wasn't home, he killed Gran."

At that moment Marilyn bust of into a fit of laughter, the idea that this was all Sookie's fault was truly ironic. She always thought she was the reckless one and would end up getting someone she loved hurt. But no, the golden child Sookie Stackhouse has actually out done her. She had gotten one of the only people in Marilyn's life who still loved her killed, all because she was in love with vampire Bill. Honestly.

Once the laughter had started to die down Marilyn lifted her head to look Sookie in the eye, the look of mortification was across Sookie's face. She looked truly horrified by Marilyn's reaction to the news of Sookie being the reason Gran is dead.

"I'm sorry" Marilyn said whilst making her way over to the sofa. Once she had taken her seat on the flower printed couch she continued "I just find it hilarious that you're the one causing trouble and not me."