Chapter 1

It was nearly Christmas on the Island of Sodor, all the engines love this time of year. They were busy with the final preparations. The engines were looking forward to the festivities, all of them, except for Gordon. Gordon liked Christmas, by all means, but this year, he was not in a jolly mood. 

One morning, Gordon was at Knapford Station collecting passengers; when Percy pulled up with the mail train.

"Hello, Gordon; Merry Christmas!"

"Christmas?! BA HUMBUG!" Gordon snorted.

""Christmas ba humbug? Surely you don't mean it!" Percy huffed

"I do! What gives you a reason to be merry anyway? It's just more work for us engines! And when December 26th comes around, it'll be even more work bringing the passengers back!" 

Percy was about to speak, when the guard blew his whistle, and Gordon huffed grumpily away!

"BA HUMBUG!"

As Gordon left, Percy felt like all his Christmas Spirit had flown out of his funnel.

"Oh dear."

Christmas Eve came sooner than expected. At Vicarstown Station, Gordon was resting up in the yard. Just then, Henry arrived with a goods train.

"Hello, Gordon. Merry Christmas."

"Hmph. Ba humbug!"

"Oh come now, Gordon. No need to be so grumpy. It almost Christmas!"

"I have a right to be grumpy, Henry! Is it not wrong to feel grumpy!"

"Well, you're not wrong, Gordon. However, it's almost Christmas, there's no need to be so grumpy, Gordon."

"Still, I'm just not in the mood, Henry."

"Well, if you say so. Goodnight, Gordon, Merry Christmas."

"BA HUMBUG!"

And just like that, the place was silent. Gordon decided to spend the night at Vicarstown Sheds. The snow fell from the sky, as Gordon fell asleep. Little did he know that this Christmas Eve was going to be quite different to any other before.