Chapter 3 - Blast From The Past (Revised)

Going back before the fiasco in the lab where Beta got her ass handed by the Empress. We can see in the morning that Arbiter: Temperance is waking up.

"Fuah~ that was good a rest~" Temperance yawned.

She gets out of the bed, fixes it, and proceeds to go to the bathroom to wash up. After washing and putting on her clothes, she then makes her breakfast and starts eating. She began thinking about what to do today.

"I wonder what I should do today... Oh, I know! I should ask Alpha and the others how I can go back in time and slap my past self hard!" Temperance exclaimed.

She quickly finished eating and ran to the hallways in the fortress. She got in front of the lab where Alpha and the other high-ranking sirens are and entered. As she enters, she notices that they're working for Empress' strange experiment which is today now that she thought about it. But since she's here, maybe they can help her for a bit as she's an Arbiter.

"Alpha! Can you help me for a bit?" Temperance yelled out.

Alpha stops working and looks to the one who's calling her. She saw Temperance with a sly grin, which indicates that today is going to be a bad day to her and everyone working right now.

Seeing her wry smile, Alpha sighed. "What is it, Temperance?"

"You see, I want to go back to the past and slap my past self!" Temperance proudly answered.

"......" Alpha is stunned.

"......" Compiler, Omitter and Zero are also stunned.

Everyone stopped and looked at Temperance with an indescribable look. Temperance noticed this and made a huge smile on her face which everyone knew that she wasn't going to stop asking them once she set her mind on.

"Fine... when and where do you want to be, also do you know how time traveling works?" Alpha asked.

"Ehe, just the basics." Temperance smiled.

"I see... let me ask you a few questions first, I also asked Beta a minute ago to fix the coffee machine, do you want some after its fixed?"

"Hmm... sure!"

Alpha called Beta and asked if she can fix it faster as Arbiter: Temperance XIV is here. Beta affirmed that she can, little did Alpha know that Beta modified the coffee machine with something that would lead to Beta's demise soon. Alpha guided Temperance to a chair near her table to sit and wait as she started gathering some papers for the discussion.

After half an hour has gone by, Alpha finishes preparing the crash course for time travel, then the door in the lab suddenly opens and is revealed to be Beta with the fixed coffee machine.

"I'm back, Alpha."

"Great, give us two coffees because Zero 2.0 with Purifier as the base personality here is going to be a pain to discuss with." Alpha sighs.

"Sure."

'Nice, I think I can test the new modified coffee machine to them now.' Beta thought.

Beta placed the coffee machine at the desk and started making coffee for the two. Alpha didn't know that the coffee machine is now different, since this one is modified by Beta, who knows what it could do. As Alpha sat behind her table and put her materials down, Beta came with their coffee.

"Here."

"Thanks." Alpha said.

"Thank you, Beta." Temperance said.

Beta nodded and started to walk away; she gave a smirk as she turned her back to them. Alpha first checks on how hot it is before sipping a few. After a few sips, she tasted the coffee and for some reason, it tasted better than it should be. She wondered if it's a new coffee, so she inquired Beta about it.