Chapter 2 - A Bad Beginning? (Revised)

Today is the day to start the experiment, everything should be in place and Empress is waiting in her room for Alpha to notify her. She looks at the clock on her wall and showed that it's close to lunch time. She thought that the experiment may start at the afternoon. So, she starts to prepare for her lunch.

Hours gone by and its already past lunch time. She noticed that Alpha is taking too long so she contacted her but didn't respond. She tried again but Alpha still didn't answer back.

'Something is wrong.' She thought.

She equips her rigging and dashes through the hallways. She got in front of the lab, but everything is quiet. There's only the sound of flickering lights and there's no sirens in sight. She inspects the surroundings of the lab to see any sign of accidents or trails left behind by a perpetrator.

"There's no sign of blood or any trails. Alpha must still be inside."

Empress went inside the lab and was shocked on what's in front of her.

"What... happened here?"

The whole place is a mess. She saw papers scattered throughout the room, smashed test tubes with unidentifiable substances on the walls and the floor. There's also stacks of documents on some parts and corners of the room making it look like someone just tossed them and left it there.

"Observer Alpha? Where are- Oh, there you are."

She saw Alpha sitting on a chair, resting her head down on the table. She disengaged her rigging and walks pass through the mess, as she got near, she noticed that Alpha is asleep as she heard a snoring sound coming from her.

Alpha can be seen sleeping on the desk. There's heaps of documents and cups of coffee scattered on the desk that would make a certain maid be mad and lectures you for an unhealthy lifestyle.

Empress also noticed that under some of those piles of documents in the lab aren't just documents, as those are Beta, Compiler, Omitter and Zero. Beta can be seen wasted on the floor with a coffee machine besides her. For some odd reason, it's oozing out an unknown liquid that is clearly not coffee.

Compiler and Omitter has splashes on their body of what seems like the same substance coming from the coffee machine. Zero is... sleeping normally. Empress walks to Zero and saw that she's the only one who's clean of the mess here and used the papers as bedding, she wondered why though. She goes back to Alpha and shakes her to wake her up.

" *groan* What... happened...?" Alpha groggily asked.

"Ho? And now you wake up?"

"I don't... remember anything... Hmm...? Empress...? Wait, Empress?!" Alpha yelled out.

Alpha's voice woke everybody up except for Zero.

"Eh?!" The three exclaimed.

"Too noisy..." Zero complained

Zero covered her ears with some earmuffs she took out from her dress and goes back to sleep. She got her priorities straight alright.

Minutes later. The four is in front of the Empress, bowing down to earn her forgiveness, which is she did not. Zero is still sleeping peacefully on the mountain of papers as bedding. Man, she doesn't give a fuck.

"Well... Any last words?" Empress exclaimed.

The three sweated and don't know what to answer. They looked at each other before nodding, like they had agreed in one thing.

"""It's Beta's fault.""" "It's our fault."

Beta's eyes went wide and looks at the three, her eyes are telling them *why did you betrayed me?!*. Empress narrowed her eyes and gazes at Beta. Beta felt a chill on her spine, like she knows the true meaning of fear like an animal feels when it is being hunted down by a predator.