Chapter 28

It was five in the morning and Andy was getting ready to drive me back home, something about a scrimmage at eight on north to home. 

And I found myself stareing out of the window as he drives me home. Flash backs going through my head but one in particular, sitting in the passanger seat of Jake Sanders car in pure silence, knowing he was mad at me, and knowing he was mad becuase he's always cared. 

"Andy" I call in hesitation "Do you think you could take me somewhere real quick"

"Depends on how quick you mean, anything that'll take more than twenty minutes is out of the question"

"Less than that twenty" I comfirm but I fidget with my fingers before choosing to go into detail of who and where "He's a good friend of mine-"

"Are you kidding me, you want me to go see a boy-" Andy looked about ready to snap at the though but I shut it down, Jake was one of the best guys I knew, he was a real friend, and no one who knew him well had anything bad to say about him except his horrible taste in girls (Me for example). 

"Jake was the first person to really defend me agaisnt Julian, he never took advantage of me and believe me he had so many chances, and he always put me in place, he reminds me of you in some ways" I said, mumbling "Always in my buisness and telling me what was good for me, he was always right"

I smile and cross my arms, looking down into my lap.

"If you tell me he's twenty-four, I'll push you out of this car Bianca" In all seriousness he scoffed

"He's ninteen and he just turned nineteen this year for your information" I haven't talked to him in weeks and to be hinest, I would miss him just as much as Leslie or Daniella "He really does remind me of you though, doesn't give a shit about much, social, I think you guys would get along well"

"He in college?" Andy quizzed, trying to make conversation to get information.

"No. He like you didn't do well in school so you can't judge him for that, he worked a lot to help his brother pay bills, you and Darius would get along to, Jake works at a garage, he has a thing for cars"

He was silent as I directed him towards the house, to say Andy was suprised to see a lake house would be not as dramatic, Andy could have been an olympic swimmer if he wanted but he was always more into football. He was expecting some shack or soemething, not a two but tecnically three story house with the paint still looking shiny and brand new. 

I unbuckle the seat belt and slip out, I knew andy was watchign as I jogged more down the dirt road that went into the trees. The light in the garage on and a muscled Jake under his brothers truck hood. 

I haven't been in this garage in months. Not since the first time I came to this house. 

I stop at the frame of the garage door, the weights taking up the corner, knowing he had worked out to get the muscles in the oil stained white undershirt. 

"Hey" I spoke and watch him snap around, wrench in hand.

"What are you doing here" I was suddenly embarresed, he had seen so much of me, nothing good. 

"Well, I wanted to say that I'm sorry... For never listenign to you, I know that you were always just trying to help me" I always hated apologizing, it made me feel akward "I also wanted to say that- I, I'm greatful for you, always coming in and doing the best you could even when I hurt your feelings and pushed you away. I really do appreciate you"

I hated that he looked pained, as if even now I was hurting his feelings. 

"Your welcome" he just nodded