The Runaway Royal-Chapter 2

The Runaway Royal - Chapter 2

I couldn't tear my eyes away from the one person who could make my life heaven or hell. I watched as she got up and spoke into the microphone.

I winced as she started speaking.

"Hello, and thank you all for attending this surprise assembly." She acted all sweet and nice on the outside, but she had horns. I could tell what my mom meant behind those words. 'Look peasants, I don't care if you are all part of the richest families in California. I'm the princess of Tecelly and I'm more powerful and richer than all of you put together.'

"My husband and I are honored to be here." she continued. I scoffed. Yeah right, mom. More like: You should feel honored that we are even allowing you to be in our presence.

"My daughter, as you all know, attends this wonderful school and she speaks highly of the faculty, the campus, and of course the students."

I stifled a laugh. Lies. Translation? My spoiled brat, as you all don't know, attends this rat trap you call a school and I don't know what she says about it because I don't talk to her. But I'm sure that she speaks about as highly of the campus, faculty, and students as I would a Prada knock-off.

"I would like my daughter to join me on stage. Charlotte?"

Oh. No. She. Didn't. If she thinks I'm getting up there as her "daughter" she is sadly mistaken! I'm not a princess, and am definitely not her daughter! I have spent the last five years of my life trying to run away from the crown and being normal. Not going to happen. I glared up at my mom, who smiled challenging down at me.

"I'm coming, Mother!" What the hell? I didn't say that. My mom looked confused. Suddenly, I was pushed aside, almost falling over. Thank god Katie was there to catch me or I would've fallen on my face. Long blonde hair whipped my face. Taylor. She smiled devilishly at me.

"Oh I'm ever so sorry. My mother is waiting for me. Move peasant." she said snarling. If only she knew. I smiled at the thought.

" Oh no, Your Highness. It was all my fault." I said, feigning innocence. Taylor looked confused for a millisecond before smiling evilly.

"That's how you were supposed to treat me all year." She smirked. "Glad you finally figured it out."

She turned on her heel and walked towards the stage.

"Hello mother. Father." she said curtsying to each one in turn. My mother looked at her, like she was a piece of gum on her heeled Gucci boots. Katie and I tried not to laugh.

"Who are you?" she asked rudely. I knew I liked her.

"Your daughter. Duh." Taylor sassed back.

"No you're not. Charlotte can you please come up here and show this sad excuse of an imposter what a real princess looks like." I wouldn't go up there if you paid me- normally. I hated being the center of attention and loathed, with a passion, being royal. Also I had spent the entire year building my identity. But- this wasn't a normal thing. I would never get a chance to upstage Taylor again.

I stood up, ignoring Katie's- "What are you doing?" I walked towards the stage, disregarding the gasps and wide-eyed stares. I smiled sweetly at my mother and evilly at Taylor, who glared back in response.

"Hey mom. Dad, how's the new add-in on the country going?" He smiled at me. I had always liked my dad. He was pretty cool, and heartbroken. My mom, as our entire family suspected, only married him to become Queen. He actually loved me and when I was forced to visit, I always hung out with him and my grandma. She was pretty awesome, for an old queen.