Chapter 16

Camila POV

I finally got home from school on a Friday. The day Ryan and I are having our first date. Well only after I asked him out of course. I feel like I have every right to now that Lauren clearly doesn't want me in her life.

I found my mom in the kitchen cooking getting ready for dinner like always. Im assuming she is expecting my dad anytime soon. She's a good mother and a wife I guess. Which reminds me, a good daughter asks to go out right?

"Hola Mama" I kiss her on the cheek and figure out what smells so good.

"Hola mija, how was school" She asked as she set the table.

"Good, I have a date with Ryan tonight, I hope that is okay" I try easing into the conversation.

"I don't know Mila, You just got out a relationship" she explained.

"Mama, please, he is willing to meet you and I will be back before 11 I promise" I tried convincing. I saw the way she pondered on my offer.

"Okay, fine." I thanked her as I walked up to my room.

As I took off my shoes and sat on my bed I started to wonder whether or not she allowed it because I was finally going out with a guy. I remember how they felt about her when I first went out with her. But at the same time they always supported me.

I looked at the time and realized I only had 2 hours to get ready. I stared at my closet. What do I usually wear on a date? Well Lauren likes.. Lauren! In that same second I realized I still had no messages from Lauren. I don't understand why I keep waiting when I know she is not going to contact me. But my heart loves her too much. I keep thinking she is going to sweep me off my feet and say she wants me forever. That what she's done was stupid. If she did, I will take her back, no matter how much she has hurt me. I love her, more than anyone else.

I sound like a crazy woman. But Lauren is the love of my life. The heart wants what the heart wants. Then why am I going out with Ryan? Right; so I can move on. So I can get back at Lauren for all the pain she has caused me.

I find myself looking at my phone waiting for the call. I think in reality it's not to get back at her but to fill this empty space. This is for my benefit so I can feel love again.
I sighed. I got up and walked to my closet to look for the appropriate outfit for tonight. Is there an outfit that screams, I'm interested but only until my ex calls? But then again why would I want that?

I finally found the outfit for my date tonight. Peach color blouse and gray skinny jeans. Not to fancy but still very cute. I look a look at my shoes and I went with small heals to make it more fitting and not too causal. I took another look at the mirror and smiled at myself. Proud of my outfit.

I took another look at my phone, still nothing. I sighed.

I decided to put some music on to make me feel more relaxed. I went to my dresser and started to retouch my hair and make it curly. Then I started to apply some make up. Not to overdo it but just enough. About an hour past and I was just about ready for my date.

I grabbed my phone and took a picture and put it online. I was so proud of how I looked. I closed my phone and set it down. I went to my restroom to put on some perfume when I heard my phone ring. I wasn't a phone call but a text message. I felt my stomach turn into knots.

Could that really be it? Can it be Lauren? Maybe she saw my picture and wants to compliment me. Maybe she wants me back. Nervously I went back to my dresser and unlocked my phone.

It was just Ryan. I was disappointed but at the same time I knew it was too good to be true.

I opened Ryan's message. *On my way I hope you're ready :)*