Chapter 21

I was running, running down an empty hall. Something was chasing me. I didn't know what it was and every time I tried to look back, I would hear a piercing scream and almost fall. I just kept running and didn't stop.

There was a door. I could see the light from behind the door. Something behind there can help me.

I burst through the door and fell to my knees. The ground was white. Like a heavenly white. The whole room was like that. It was as if you couldn't tell that there was a floor or wall.

I noticed a figure in front of me. He was floating a few inches off of the floor with his head lowered.

"T-Tamaki?" I called out.

He didn't move.

"Tamaki, where are we?" I asked.

Still no movement. I was about to stand up when I saw two shadow-like hands lift Tamaki's head. His eyes were half-closed and his mouth slightly open. On hand moved to his chin. My eyes widened as I realized what they were doing.

"Don't!" I shouted as I started to run forward.

To late. Within a second, the hands jerked Tamaki's head to the side. A sickening crack was heard as he fell to the ground, dead. I stared at Tamaki's now lifeless body with shock. Tears started to form in my eyes as I heard a familiar laugh.

"You think you can hide from me?"

I looked up and saw a shadowy figure now standing above Tamaki's body. The only features that you can see are two white eyes and an evil smile to match. He looked like a man but with a few bits of him disappeared like a shadow.

"No matter where you go, I will find you." The figure said. "Just like before."

"Please, just leave me alone." I begged.

"Why?" He asked. "You are mine after all."

"No..." I collapsed back to my knees as the tears started to fall. "Just leave me alone."

"Not until you come back." He replied.

I shook my head. "No..."

The figure was now behind me. He bent over me and put his fingers under my chin to make me look at him.

"You know where to find me."

My eyes flew open and I quickly sat up. I looked around and sighed as I realized where I was. I was still in my front room. I brought my knees up to my chest and buried my face in them.

"It was just a dream." I mumbled.

"Tobi?"

I looked to my right and saw Tamaki rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

His hair was a mess and his eyes had a few tired tears in them. He looked adorable.

I smiled and wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Yeah." I replied. "Just a dream."

Tamaki put his hand on my back. I looked up at him. His eyes were filled with worry.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No. I'm fine. I promise."

I looked at me some more before sighing. "Alright."

"Please, just go back to sleep." I told him.

It was still dark outside and the sun wouldn't rise for a while. We were up pretty late, so we'd need more sleep.

Tamaki nodded and laid back down, pulling me with him. I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face in his chest. My eyes opened as I thought more of the dream.

It happened again. It always does when I find someone. It always has. Ever since my family died. That same figure comes and kills anyone who makes me happy in my dreams. He did that to Dainan, dad, and papa. It took my months to calm down. To finally sleep. Now it has more to use against me.

I closed my eyes and listened to Tamaki's slow, steady breaths. He'd fallen asleep again.

I smiled. At least I'm with him. At least I'm not alone. Not this time.

"You're mine." The figure's words came to me again.

I never understood what he meant. I've never met anyone like that before. Or, at least, not anyone I can remember.

'I won't let him get you.'

I took a deep breath and could smell Tamaki. He had a sweet scent. It was a nice scent.

I smiled as I breathed in his sent more. It helped me calm down. it helped me relax. It helped me fall back asleep.

Dear Newts,

Hey guys! This should explain a bit about why he's such a jerk to everyone. Later on, you'll find out what's with the whole thing with the shadow figure. Just keep on reading and I'm thinking about maybe making another book so that this one doesn't go on to long. Maybe in a few chapters or so, I'll either start a new book or go back and combined chapters together. We'll just see.

Love yall,

BP