Thirty nine.

Syla unlocked the door and walked into the house carrying some grocery bags. She heard laughs coming from the kitchen and she decided to check.

      "Oh! Scott." She smiled looking at Anna and Scott. Anna was seated on the countertop while Scott stood beside her peeling and slicing some apples.

    "You're back." Anna was about to leave the countetop when Scott stopped her.

   "No, let me." He shook his head. "You're not well." He dropped the knife before going to meet Syla. "Good morning Syla." He greeted her with a grin, collecting the bags from her.

   "Good morning Scott dear." She smiled. "Looks like someone is in a good mood." She glanced at her niece who blushed. "Have you been here long?" She turned back to Scott with another smile.

    "Let's just say almost an hour." Scott placed the bags on the countertop and without being told, he brought out the things from the bags.

    "Scott also went grocery shopping." Anna told her aunt.

   "That's wonderful." Syla watched Scott store most of the items in the fridge. She walked up to Anna. "What's going on between you two?" Syla smirked at her. 

    "Nothing." She shrugged, flipping her hair.

   "Are you both finally okay?" Syla asked her.

    Anna glanced at Scott back to her aunt. "Let's just say I have finally learnt to forgive... Wholeheartedly."

    "I hope it will be like this. Has he said anything about the custody case?" She asked.

   For a while, Anna had forgotten about the ongoing custody battle. Should she talk to him about it?

   "You both should talk about it." Syla told Anna. "Since you both are in a good place, you should talk about it."

    The day went by so quickly. They both enjoyed the time they spent together and their daughter was happy seeing her parents laughing and joking. It seemed like the day would never end.
................................................................................

   Tuesday, court hearing...

   The judged looked at Isla who was seated on the chair with a teddy bear.

   "Your mom calls you Isla but your dad calls you Isabelle, which do you prefer I call you?" The judge smiled at the little girl.

   Isla rested her back against the chair. "This chair is so comfy." It was a swivel chair and she turned herself around on the chair. "Weeeeeeee." She giggled turning to the judge. "Your Honor, you can call me whichever you like." Isla smiled at the lady judge.

   "Your Honor?" The judged chuckled, taking off her glasses.

    "I heard those men call you that. I want to be just like you when I grow up." Isla said proudly.

     She laughed. "Okay smarty, study hard and you'll be just like me." The judge told her.

    Isla nodded. "Everyone calls me Isla but I feel Isabelle is special because daddy calls me by that name. I know mummy is pretty upset with daddy but I think she has gotten over it. She's no longer mad at daddy." Isla told the judge.

     "How do you know?"

   "Lately,  daddy is the reason why mommy smiles a lot. She's always happy. Don't you think it's a good sign that my mom and dad are finally going to get back together?" Isla asked the judge.