Twenty-seven.

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

    Naraya sat beside Anna who placed her head on the latter's lap.

    "Naraya I am really sorry I had to drag you into my problems." Anna hiccuped, showing signs of someone who had cried herself to satisfaction.

    "Who else would listen to them, like duh?" Naraya chuckled softly, joking with her to lighten up Anna's mood.

   Anna smiled. "Thank God you're here. If it were Aunt Syla, I'll probably get an I told you so." They both laughed.

    After a minute of silent, Naraya cleared her throat. "Now you know that Scott is determined to get Isla, it only means that he is interested in knowing her."

   "No, I think he is trying to hurt me." Anna sniffed sadly. "I thought coming back here was going to be easy, I thought we wouldn't cross path again. Now my daughter hates me, I'm sure she also thinks I am selfish." Anna sniffled. "I thought I was enough for her to forget about her father, I guess I was wrong."

    "It's also my fault. I told you to face him, I am sorry." Naraya stroked Anna's hair.

    "It's not your fault. Sooner or later, Scott and I were going to have to face each other." Anna sighed deeply.

    "It's a good thing Dee is on your side. I can't believe he's brothers with the father of your kid." Naraya told her. "Can I ask something?"

    "Sure." Anna said as she sat up, turning to Naraya.

  "Is it because of Scott you can't give your heart to Daniel?" Naraya said, staring at Anna.

    Anna licked her lips as she tucked her hair behind her ears before meeting Naraya's eyes. "Why do you ask?"

   "Dee is in love with you, I know you know it but you're just pretending not to see it." Naraya raised a brow.

    Anna lowered her eyes. "I don't want to hurt him. He's been so good to me, especially to Isla."

    Naraya nodded then sighed. "Don't worry, Isla will come around. She's just having one of her tantrums, don't get yourself worked up." She said, placing a hand on Anna's shoulder.

     "I know." Anna smiled weakly.

   "When are you leaving?" Naraya asked her.

     "Tomorrow. I don't want to prolong my stay here." Anna sniffled, wiping her moist face with a hand.

    "Damn." Naraya immediately pulled her into a hug, "I feel like kicking Scott's arse, I suddenly don't have that crush on him anymore. Such a douche bag, not to mention he is a shameless womanizing idiot. He recently broke up with his fiancée, did you know that?" Naraya frowned, instantly disliking Scott.

    Oh. One detail she had skipped. "He just doesn't know when to stop hurting women. He is a fool." Anna shook her head.

    "A big one." Naraya agreed firmly.
🕸🕸🕸🕸

    The sun had just come up, Scott dressed in his usual business suit. He was staring at his reflection as buttoned his jacket.

     Scott picked up his phone, placing it over his ear. "Is everything ready? Okay good, I'll meet you." He concluded before hanging up.

    He was going to get his daughter.
🕸🕸🕸🕸

     "Are you ready?" Anna smiled at her daughter who mumbled a yes. Isla was clearly not happy. "Okay." She bent over, kissing Isla on the head. "Come on." Anna took her hand, heading for the car.