03 : adronitis

author's note:

i know it's been a looong time and i will make it up for the lack of updates these past couple of days. please vote and comment if you've enjoyed this chapter. oh, and the gif above is Ian Somerhalder, i know, but let's just pretend it's actually conrad (aka Xavier Serrano). thank you so much for the 8.8k reads! never thought it'd be that much :)

[for Sarah, I hope you're having a fantastic day ahead of you and thank you for being someone I could talk to! Congrats on the 300 followers, love]

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖

03 : adronitis

"I told him a story of two people

Two people who shouldn't have met,

and who didn't like each other much

when they did, but who found

they were the only two people in the world

who could possibly have understood each other."

- Jojo Moyes, 'Me Before You'

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖

adronitis (n) :

frustration with how long

it takes to get to know someone

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖

TWO YEARS AGO, I KNEW THAT I was no fan of spontaneity. It didn't occur to me that everything that you planned out so cogently would somehow blow up in front of your face without any premonitions.

Imagine, someone so caught up in her tomorrows and in her future obligations, would actually not blink an eyelash at the idea of waking up somewhere - a place where she has no idea of its whereabouts.

To my surprise, I didn't care that I was in some room, clad in the same clothes from the other day and my head felt like it could potentially erupt from all the alcohol I've drank the previous day. I didn't know if I didn't care at all or if I was trying not to. I knew that this was a first, a one-off, never to have happened and never to have been repeated, a mistake for starters. Regardless, my calm demeanour was still undeterred altogether.

Away from my reach were my azure-coloured quilts, my four white walls and my quaint, humble abode. Gone was the feeling of familiarity, something that never would've escaped me. Either I was pretending to feel as if I was void of any care or I really was, without a care.