Chapter 1

Zach wasn't sure how it had escalated to this. Just a few months ago he was looking for a new girlfriend on bumble. And now, here he was in a fresh pull up and Christmas pajamas being ushered to sleep by his new mommy.

Zach liked flirting with girls in high school and was somewhat popular. Then he met his ex-girlfriend and they remained together for a few years, into his time at college. But eventually they drifted apart and broke up. He had been hooking up with girls he met at bars for a year or so after but COVID made it so he couldn't do that. So, he just worked, played video games and took comfort by himself.

Once restrictions began letting up, he decided to get on bumble to look for something more serious. He set up a generic play-boy type profile detailing how he liked football, beer, going on adventures, and typical boy comedy shows like Rick and Morty. Though, he did mention his fondness of children movies, namely Coco, Moana, and other Disney/Pixar favorites.

Zach never really thought much about his like of children's movies. He liked other movies of course too but he never seemed to grow out of his Disney phase. He also found if he said he liked them confidently that people always laughed or shrugged it off. Girls usually thought it was cute and told him it showed a softer, relatable side of him.

One day he got a message from a pretty girl named Kylie. "You into kids movies and adventures? Something doesn't add up." Zach flirtatiously responded as if he was offended, "what do you have against kids movies huh?"

She responded with "I've just never seen a boy who says he likes a thrill but can't watch more than a PG rated movie." Zach wasn't sure why but he got excited by how she was speaking to him. "Perhaps I just need someone to hold me so I can watch movies with a higher rating," he responded. She liked his message and sent back "how about we go for a drink before I hold you handsome?" Zach felt his cheeks start to burn up at the childish compliment of "handsome." He agreed and they set up a date for Saturday.

He looked at himself in the mirror. He saw a scrawny, 5'7" 138lb blonde hair blue eyed boy staring back at him. He was dressed in plain khaki's, his white jordans and a short sleeve Disney Coco t-shirt from their adult clothing line that his mom got him as a Christmas present one year. He normally would have dressed up more, but he liked the playful teasing Kylie did earlier and hoped she would find his attire funny.

When he got to the restaurant Kylie scoffed and playfully shook her head "Well at least you walk the walk too." They got to know each other well and had a fun time over food and drinks. They even kissed goodnight at the end of their first date. Things picked up quickly from there and they saw each other more regularly. Every now and then Kylie would make a joke about his babyish affinity for kids movies but Zach didn't think much of it. After four months of dating, Zach's lease was up. He forgot who mentioned it first, but Kylie seemed keen on him moving into her apartment.

He moved into her apartment in September and all things seemed to be going well. One night, Zach suggested they watch the new Disney movie out on the streaming service. Kylie rolled her eyes but agreed. "On one condition" she said. "Get ready for bed before we start – that means go brush your teeth and change into your jammies, got it?" Zach wasn't sure where this was coming from but decided to play along and jokingly stated "whatever you say, MOM." That made Kylie smile. Zach got ready and changed into his sweats, which were his normal pajamas. When he was done, he was greeted with a cup of hot cocoa and a blanket from Kylie. He settled onto the couch, and she pulled him in close for some cuddles as they watched. Zach finished his cocoa and giggled at the movie. He must've had a long week at work because he ended up dozing off towards the end.

Kylie helped him off the couch and led him to bed while he stumbled along. She laid him down and removed his baggy sweatpants before tucking him in. "I'll have to get you proper PJs for our movie nights cutie," she said. She kissed him on the forehead, and he fell fast asleep.