Just Dance

"Go on in," the bouncer says to the couple in front of us. We're standing outside Just Dance, a dance club on the east side. Even though it's only eleven thirty, the line is thick with wacky dressed people and their wacky dressed friends. Some of them are drunk already.

      I step forward, flashing the bouncer a charming smile. His round eyes look down at me from their 6'3 perch, appraising me. 

     "Go on in," he repeats, without even carding me. I nod and follow his advice, turning back in time to see him looking over the rest of the guys. I decide to meet them inside and wander through the front doors, to the dance floor.

      The dance floor is huge, equipped with  a killer stereo system near the front where a DJ is spinning away. There's even a disco ball but it's a nice one, not like those awful 80's style ones. The lights flash across the room, illuminating the people dancing and grinding against each other. LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem is blasting through the speakers, making everyone shout and jump.

     "Hey," Adam says from behind me. I turn around to see him next to me. Evan's already making his way to the bar, Tristan's heading for the dance floor, Logan's standing there looking bored, and Damien's nowhere to be seen.

      "Wanna dance?"

      "Sure." As soon as we hit the jam-packed dance floor, Jennifer Lopez's On the Floor drifts from the speakers, filling the room. I start to dance with Adam, moving my body to the beat. I'm starting to get into the music when I spot Tristan and Damien dancing a little ways from us.

      Predictably, Tristan already has a girl slung over him, kissing his neck like he's hiding the world's best chocolate in there. Damien's flying solo, and he's a surprisingly amazing dancer. Adam puts his arms around my waist, but it feels more comfortable than an advance. I find myself leaning against him as we keep dancing.

       When I tilt my head up to look at him, he finally does it. Adam leans in and presses his lips against mine, putting his hand on the back of my neck. I move closer to him. When his tongue seeks entrance to my lips, I tighten them and smile against his mouth. He makes a noise of frustration but keeps kissing me.

      "Hey, get a room!" Tristan yells jokingly at us from where he's dancing with a different girl. Not surprising. This guy's got major player potential.

      "What about you two?" Adam shouts back and laughs. The girl he's with is practically dry-humping him, not to mention sneaking one or two fingers into his pants. Tristan only grabs the girl's ass harder, as if to make a point to Adam.

      "Oh god," I say, shaking my head. Adam starts laughing and then turns back to me. 

      "Well, that's Tristan for you." I put my arms around his neck as the song morphs into another one and wonder then he's going to kiss me again. I hope it's soon.

      "Hey, guys!" I turn to see Evan heading towards us, stumbling into people along the way. He's holding two cups that he hands over to us, spilling more than a bit of alcohol over the edges and onto the floor.

      "You guys have got to try this," he sings and laughs. "You would not believe this buzz," he says to Adam.

      Adam, without even questioning his trust for his friend, takes the cup and tips the contents back. He scrunches his nose and then licks his lips, thinking about it. "Wow," he says. "That's good."

      "Right!" Evan turns and looks at me expectantly.

      "What is it?" I ask.

       "I have no idea!" Evan laughs.