Back to the Basics

I spend the next day locked in my room, not wanting to talk to either of them. Finally when it's nighttime I decide it's time to make my appearance. I might as well get some dinner.

      Sheldon's already in the kitchen. He's leaning against the counter, waiting for his coffee to finish. I'm surprised he didn't come to my room earlier when it was time for dinner, or to walk Cerberus. Maybe he feels bad for me? I shudder at the thought.

      When the Devil sees me, he raises his eyebrows but says nothing. I walk confidently over to him and point at a kitchen chair.

      "Sit down," I tell him. He flashes his palms and goes to sit down. I start to hum to myself as I pour the dark liquid from the machine and into Sheldon's favorite mug which reads across the side, BITCHES IN HELL DO IT BETTER. 

      "So," he says as I stir in Splenda. "Where are you going with that getup? You're showing more skin than a newborn baby."

       I roll my eyes. Remember what I said about him acting like a retarded dad sometimes?

      "To the earth plane," I tell him. 

      He narrows his eyes. "Taking Will with you?"

      I stare at him.

      "Sorry, bad joke." I ignore him and bring his coffee to the table, where I sit down next to him. "What do you plan on doing there?"

     "Doing where?"

      I look up and see Will standing in the entrance of the kitchen. He leans on the threshold, wearing nothing but dark jeans and a belt. I avert my eyes and focus my attention on the soup I just manifested, straigtening my posture.

      "Tiffany's going to the earth plane," Sheldon says, enjoying every bit of this. Will's eyes narrow. 

      "I just need a break," I say simply.

      "This is true," he nods. I look at him.

      "I thought you'd argue," I murmur. He pretends to be shocked. Then he glances between me and Will, gives me sly look, and starts to read his newly conjured-up newspaper.

      Suddenly not hungry, I get up to pour the unappetizing soup down the sink. And that's when Will notcies my outfit and his eyes practically drop out of their sockets. Oh boy, here we go.

       I'm wearing a fitting white dress that, I have to admit Sheldon was right, shows a lot of, well, me. With it's exposed back and short hem, there's not much left to the imagination, especially around my long legs that Will can't seem to stop gawking at.  Will clears his throat, trying to cover up his surprise. I smirk and go back to sitting at the table with Sheldon, joining him in reading the newspaper. 

    "So, what did you say you were planning on doing on the earth plane tonight?" Sheldon addresses me, obviously wanting to cause trouble. I take a quick glance at Will, and decide maybe it's time to make him a little uncomfortable.

      "Not much. Just thought I'd have some fun, maybe meet a few guys," I answer, making sure Will hears. It works, and Will's back stiffens from where he stands by the fridge. Sheldon looks  between me and Will. I fight the urge to laugh.

       "Well, see you later, Sheldon." I ignore Will and brush past him to the door.

       "I don't get a goodbye hug?" Sheldon pouts. I pause, pretending to think about it.

       "Nope," I finally respond, and then stroll out, but not without catching the worried look Will shoots me.

      Once I'm outside, I pause. Where to go? Paris? Nah. Too romantic. Vegas? Too flashy. For some reason I'm being drawn back to New York City. I wiggle my fingers and roll my shoulders back. With a last pat on the head for Cerberus, I make the Portal appear. I step through, and onto the busy streets of Manhattan.