xii. solutions

╔═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╗CHAPTER XII

╔═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╗
CHAPTER XII.
SOLUTIONS
╚═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╝

"SUSAN! EDMUND!" Shouted Queen Lucy as she ran towards her siblings with a giant grin plastered onto her face

"SUSAN! EDMUND!" Shouted Queen Lucy as she ran towards her siblings with a giant grin plastered onto her face. Right behind her walked the High King himself with a smile, ready to welcome his siblings back home.

Gracefully, Susan dismounted her horse Jul and patted his neck, whispering a quick “thanks”. Edmund copied her movements, though rather carelessly jumping off his horse.
"Lucy!"
The older queen bent down to the level of the younger one and engulfed her in a tight hug, grinning. Meanwhile, the two brothers bro-hugged and patted each other's shoulders. "Welcome home," said Peter and embraced his siblings into a big family hug.

Oh, how James wished she could her siblings like that.

Behind her, a centaur cleares his throat, making the royals look at him.
"I am deeply sorry for disturbing your family reunion, your Majesties, but what shall we do with these three?"
The centaur nodded his head at James, Cypauck and Wyrel Ysidro ( who he still held captured with a tight grip ).

“Well,” High King Peter started, “it'd be best if someone would enlighten us who they are.” He raised a questioning brow at Edmund, but he only raised his hands in defense, saying: “Don't look at me like that, ask Susan!”

“Er,” the woman in question began her explanation, “we saved them from an unauthorized execution. The one responsible for all this is this centaur, Wyrel Ysidro.”
Everyone turned to look at the creature. He held his head high and didn't make eye contact with anyone, obviously feeling like he had a higher position than the Kings and Queens themselves.

“I see,” said Peter and nodded at Edmund to fulfill his title as “The Just” and give the criminal what he deserved.
“Lead him to his new home,” Edmund stated and a short glimmer of hope appeared in Wyrel's eyes, though it quickly disappeared at the king's next words.
“The dungeons.”
The centaur general nodded and lead Wyrel to the dungeons with force, because the criminal now had started to resist. However, the general didn't budge and only pushed him further forward.

Lucy looked quite confused at what was currently happening, but she was glad that this supposed criminal was now behind bars.
“Let's head inside,” she suggested, “Mrs. Beaver's prepared tea for us!”

Her older siblings nodded and were about to head inside the grand castle when Cypauck spoke up, sliding from the centaur's back.
“Pardon me, your Majesties, but may I ask what will happen to us?” He asked, pointing at himself and James who still sat upon the horse, but now dismounted him as well, though rather ungratefully.

Immediately, Susan spoke up as she had planned this the whole time: “James can become one of my maids and sleep in an empty room in the northern wing. I-if that's all right, of course.”
James smiled at her and nodded. “It would be an honor, your Majesty. Though what about Cypauck?”

Seeing his sister hesitate, Edmund quickly jumped in to save the conversation. “Oh, I am sure there is plenty of help needed inside and outside the Cair. For now, he could rest in the southern wing, it is the closest to the gardens and fields.”
“Oh!” Exclaimed Cypauck. “I'd be honored to work for your Majesties, but I wish to see my daughter as often as possible. Pardon me, but when you have nearly been killed, there sure will be more longing for your death.”

King Edmund nodded, understanding exactly what the faun meant due to his own fear of being killed in his sleep by some of the White Witch's still remaining followers. Sleepless nights weren't something unusal for the boy.

“That sure can be arranged,” he assured.

“Now that this is settled, can we head in for tea, now?” Lucy asked with an excited smile.
Her siblings nodded and started heading inside through the main entrance.

Meanwhile, Cypauck and James were lead into the Cair through a side entrance by two guards who were going to show them their new home for an unknown time.

James threw one last look at the royal siblings over her shoulder and her eyes immediately looked with those of the High Queen. The both smiled simultaneously and James mouthed a quick “thank you”, before turning back around.

Susan's eyes lingered on James' back a little longer until Lucy grabbed her arm and forced her to run with her into the castle before the “tea will get cold” in Lucy's words. The two sisters laughed and soon their brothers joined in.
Oh, how Susan loved this peaceful moments.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:sorry it's short & unedited, but i have to get into the flow of writing this book again hahai hope you still liked it though :)

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
sorry it's short & unedited, but i have to get into the flow of writing this book again haha
i hope you still liked it though :)

AUTHOR'S NOTE:sorry it's short & unedited, but i have to get into the flow of writing this book again hahai hope you still liked it though :)