PROLOGUE! ✓

╔═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╗PROLOGUE ╚═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╝

╔═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╗
PROLOGUE
╚═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╝

EVER SINCE SHE WAS A LITTLE CHILD, the seas had felt like home to James

EVER SINCE SHE WAS A LITTLE CHILD, the seas had felt like home to James. The endless blue, the bright stars on the night sky and the aquatic creatures kept her faszinated. It was exactly what she had imagined freedom to be like.

James had been so blinded by the natural beauty that she got captured in a shining vision that created a wrong reality. She had never been able to truly understand why she and her mother were on the sea all the time. At the age of ten, she finally found out the painful truth behind their travels on the ship by accidentally overhearing a conversation of her mother and one of her crew members, a minotaur.

"You know I can't tell her, Unithorn, she's too young and I can't risk her life", Frida, James' mother, hissed at the talking beast. "Then why did you bring her with you in the first place? We're pirates, not friendly traders who are exploring the world!" The minotaur didn't seem to like the presence of the little girl on board of the 'Ordinary Journey'. Frida immediately sushed him, hoping that her daughter hadn't accidentally roamed around the ship and overheard their conversation.

But it had already been too late; James knew. They weren't explorers of the magical realm that the almighty Aslan ruled over, like she had been told.

They were pirates.

Or at least her mother and the crew were, since James had never participated in a raid.

Ever since that moment, everything had started to make more sense to James: why she wasn't allowed to go on land with the crew, where all the expensive stuff came from and most importantly, what the black flag with the white skull and crossing bones meant.

To be completely honest, James didn't even want to think about the possibility that her own mother had hurt or even killed innocent people before and stolen from them. At this very realisation, James' heart shattered like glass into thousands of pieces. The woman who she saw as a role model, sweet, carying and kind, was the captain of a pirate ship and a crew of criminals, murderers and thieves.

The girl hadn't even been sure if she felt truly free anymore. Now that the truth was discovered, it seemed more like she was a prisoner on this ship. The stars didn't seem to shine as bright anymore, James spotted less sea creatures, the ocean wasn't a glistering sea of diamonds anymore and the wind was slapping her face, instead of blowing gently through her long brown hair like usually. Everything seemed so different as soon as James had finally taken off the blindfold that kept her from seeing reality and the world from its painful side. This was the real life, that she's been so afraid of and sadly,

life isn't a fairytale, my dear.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

hey, i hope it's not too confusing, that James is actually the name of my female oc and disclaimer: i don't own anyof the characters and storyline, except for my ocs and my own storyline (especially during the golden age)