ii. stranded ✓

╔═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╗ CHAPTER III

╔═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╗
CHAPTER III.
STRANDED
╚═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╝

THE NEXT TIME James opened her hazel eyes, she was no more drifting on the cruel sea

THE NEXT TIME James opened her hazel eyes, she was no more drifting on the cruel sea. No waves where bitting the wooden boat, it was ashore on a beach, the girl assumed.
The thought of her being dead and being in Aslan's Country ( due to this scenery looking exactly like she had imagined the afterlife of all loyal Narnians ) immediately sprung to her mind.

Everything around her was white, the rough waters of the ocean froze to ice and snowflakes fell from the --in clouds covered-- sky.
James' body shivered as she started to feel the cold.
At least she wasn't dead, she thought, because according to all her mother's stories, you could not feel emotions or pain or anything in Aslan's Country. You were simply free there.

Nevertheless, she was confused by the amount of snow. On the Ordinary Journey she had almost never experienced a true winter, but she was sure that she had left when it was still summer.

Was it already winter?
That couldn't be possible! There was no way that James had slept for around six months in a boat without a course on the reckless oceans of Narnia.

Though, you could barely notice the change of the seasons on the sea so it wasn't impossible that it was actually winter. The girl was confused.

Not having prepared for this coolness, James shivered once again in her saltwater drained clothes.
Her coat wasn't made for the winter to keep one warm, rather to protect one from the burning sun of the Sea.

James began to feel the snowflakes melt to water as they ran down her exposed skin. The girl needed to do something, she couldn't die out here, on the frozen beach.

"Hypothermia, more like 'Hi, potter Mia'!" She mumbled the unamusing joke to herself.

Standing up on half-frozen, weak knees, she gathered her belongings, ( such as: her Tricorn Hat and the leather pouch ) and left the boat at the shore. Hopefully it wouldn't drift away in case she needed it once more.