i. goodbye, mother ✓

╔═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╗chapter i

╔═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╗
chapter i.
goodbye, mother
╚═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╝

NOT EVEN A WEEK LATER, James found herself on board of the 'Ordinary Journey' alone as usual

NOT EVEN A WEEK LATER, James found herself on board of the 'Ordinary Journey' alone as usual. The crew was on land, most certainly stealing from innocent people once again. The young girl sighed to herself as she stood in the captain's cabin, looking out of the window in the direction of the island.

It had been a few days since she had found out that she was a part of a pirate crew and the thought of her own mother torturing poor people still left an uneasy feeling in her stomach. What she was doing wasn't right, that was the only thing James knew for sure.

Unknown to her though was, that she was actually completely wrong about her thoughts, but I suppose this a story for another time. Now isn't the right time.

The men and their female captain returned shortly after sunset, which was later than usual and it made James honestly worried. Something must have given their so called 'exploring' complications.

“Is everything alright, mother?” She asked concernd, as soon as Captain Frida had stepped foot on the squeaking planks of the ship.
“No, my dear. I believe you must go.”
For a moment, James just looked at her mother wirb a confused expression, she had been too stunned to speak or react to that statement that practically cam out of nowhere.

Frida didn't mind to spare a single look at her daughter as she walked away from her. James had snapped out of her trance and rushed after her and continued to bombard her with questions about what she meant by that and what was going on.

At one point, Frida Arians had enough and turned around on her boot's leather heels, making her stare into little James' big brown, innocent eyes angrily.

“James! Can you please shut your mouth for just one minute? Please?” She hissed as she continued.
“I don't have enough time to explain everything to you but you must know that all I want is to protect you. Now, I want you to pack your leather pouch with food, water and your dearest belongings. Then please, and listen to me, please, go sit in one of the row boats. The ocean and Aslan's will will carry you to your own true destiny. Trust me, trust Aslan. Now go.”