Ch 5. My Fair Lady_bug

Once upon a time a ladybug turned into a fine young lady. She wasn't kissed by a prince, she didn't break some magic spell, she was ladybug the original.

She was always busy crawling here and there while living as an insect. Old habits die hard. She was still very curious and persistent when she put her mind to accomplishing even the most menial tasks.

Her life became meaningful. She learned more and more and her mind grew accordingly. She had a spunky, clean physique. She stayed sharp at work, she was swirling through life without a care in the world. She never wanted to be a bug again.

Time passed and she turned more and
more human. She became self-aware and her interest drew towards human feelings and emotions. She learned to smile, to cower, to get angry, to get anxious, to be shy, to be embarrassed,
to become confused, to become bold, to act confident and to act oblivious. The only emotion she couldn't comprehend was tears. She was never able to cry.

What made humans sad? She searched everywhere, all in vain. Humans cried when they caused trouble, humans cried when they were cheated. Humans cried when they weren't rewarded excessively for their insufficient efforts, humans cried when they lost somebody precious. Humans cried just to change the mood, humans cried when they were in pain.

She just couldn't tell real tears apart from the fake ones. She struggled to use polite speech, she struggled to write formal letters, she worked hard to earn enough to eat, dress and to buy dvds. Her favourite ones were tarzan, the mummy and a bug's life.

However, there were certain difficult times she felt she didn't want to be a human anymore. Like the ugliest struggle was getting out of bed. Weather be hot or cold, stomach be empty or full, slept for 5 hours or 15, waking up afterwards was always heart-rending all the same. Working out has a limit, Rest has not.

She became so absorbed in earthlings'
lifestyle, she began to feel lonely by herself. Most people had family they didn't care about, most people had friends they didn't get along with, most people had colleagues who bullied them. But they still flowed with the crowd. No body flew solo. She was not a part of the homo sapiens. Humans are discriminating, they always reject the slightest differences, how could a simple creature such as herself even dare to fit their cruel standards.

She tried, tried again till she succeeded? No! she did not. That's only what the book said. It didn't happen in the real world. Nature does not change. People hurt her pride, took advantage of her innocence, looked down on her hardships and made fun of her dead pale eyes. Never did they shine. There was never any hope. She in her heart knew humans were selfish, arrogant and lascivious_ their miserable world was disappointing.

Now then, she wanted to go back to being a harmless bug again. That negligible being who watched life hails and death crackles from the sidelines had it much easier. After coming this far, there was nothing to protect, nothing to hold precious, no dreams that could be fixed, the pretty life she imagined was all a lie, she was at a loss.

That day she cried and laughed genuinely for the first time. She had realised something important. Humans shed tears when there is nothing else they can do to help their sorry state. Humans become true to their selves only when they are out of options that falsely glorify their fickle existence. She learned a valuable lesson, her soul finally matured into a proper person_ the uninteresting earthling.

 She learned a valuable lesson, her soul finally matured into a proper person_ the uninteresting earthling