2

↳𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: light language

"SOMEONE please wake Ximena, Sofía has been waiting outside for her for 20 minutes

"SOMEONE please wake Ximena, Sofía has been waiting outside for her for 20 minutes."

Julian begged feeding another spoonful of baby food into Rosa's mouth. "I'll wake her." Santiago offered, looking at his mother for approval to leave the table. She nodded and he bolted up the stairs. "Ximena Valentina-Victoria Pèrez!" He shouted dramatically bursting open the door to his younger sister's room. She sat at her vanity, braiding the marigolds she grew outside into her hair.

"Anyone ever taught you to knock Santi?" she said looking at her brother through the reflection in the mirror. He rolled his eyes leaning on the door frame. "Sofía has been waiting outside for you for like an hour, it's getting sad now." He said looking around his sisters room. "You missed breakfast so you missed the announcement Mamí made." She turned around to face him now, standing up from her vanity chair and grabbing her tote bag, shoving books and money into it. "Yeah well you can tell me now." "What if I don't want to?" She glared up at him as she smirked down at her, his curly black hair not in its usual ponytail, falling into his face instead. "You're a fucking dick." "Watch your language princesa." She shoved past him making her way out the door.

"Mena I was kidding, the Madrigals invited us to another gift ceremony." Well shit. "Hope it goes better than the last one." Ximena ignored him bounding down the stairs to the breakfast table where they were finishing up. Placing kisses on the infant twins cheeks and then on her mother's as a form of greeting, she snatched an Arepa off Julian's plate and made her way out the door.

"There you are! I've been waiting for like 50 years." The taller girl looked down at her friend huffing. Ximena just chuckled. "Now come on, with the gift ceremony coming up all the pretty dresses at the boutique will be on sale." She squealed, grabbing Ximena by the hand and dragging her into town.

"So how was visting the Madrigal's? Is Isabela as pretty in person as she is far away? What about Camilo is he dreamy, I bet he is he just looks like it. Even if he did prank my brother last week." Sofía interrogated, looking around the stalls as she did so. Ximena just shrugged. "Isabela is pretty but Camilo is-" "Pretty, flirty, dreamy all of the above?" Sofía queried, her emerald green irises practically heart shaped at the mention of him.

"No." "No? Ximena are your eyes working?" "They work perfectly fine Sofí." Sofía grabbed her shoulder shaking her a bit. "Then why can't you see how pretty Camilo is?!" Ximena sighed, brushing her hands off her shoulder.

"He is pretty alright, he's so dreamy too. But that's really it. With the brief view I got of his personality, I'm not interested." Ximena shrugged, marching ahead of Sofía showing she would like to drop the topic. Her friend caught on running to catch up to her.

Opening the boutique door, they noticed a small flurry of people near the entrance. "What's going on?" Sofía questioned. "Isabela's getting her dress fitted for the ceremony" a bystander said not looking away from the door. Ximena rolled her eyes shoving through the crowd and opening the door to the boutique.

"Ximena, Sofía darling!" The shop owner exclaimed placing her needle and thread down. "What can I get for you?" 

"We need dresses for the gift ceremony." Sofía said, her gaze focused on Isabela as she turned around. "Of course, I know the perfect ones. Stay here." She said as she went to the back.

An awkward silence filled the boutique. "So, Ximena was it? Is all of your family attending the gift ceremony?" Isabela asked fiddling with the flowers on her dress. "Probably, I know my father won't be back from Mexico in time. But I believe all my older siblings are coming. My mother is staying home with the twins." Isabela frowned. "Wait why would your mom need to stay home with Elisa and Elena?" Sofía asked her attention finally snapping back to Ximena, who rolled her eyes. 

"No i meant the babies, Rosa and Rio. Rosa hates loud areas and Rio doesn't go anywhere without Rosa." Ximena shrugged. A small smile creeped up Isabela's face. She cleared her throat. 

"So um, any weddings coming up soon in your family?" Isabela said awkwardly. Ximena and Sofía shot her a weird look. "Hey im trying to make conversation here." She said flustered.

"Well Julian has his boyfriend but they're only 19 so probably no proposals soon. Elena is in love with someone new every week, and we haven't heard from Evaluna and her s/o since they moved back to Mexico. Everyone else is single." Ximena said lost in thought. Isabela's smile made its way back onto her face but she brushed it off with a cough. "Cool" 

The shop lady came back with two dresses handing them to the girls and requesting they don't open them til the ceremony. They said their goodbyes and made their way out of the shop. 

Making their way they passed some of the Madrigal family shopping. Camilo noticed Ximena and smiled, sighing dreamily.

"What is up with him lately?" Felix asked looking at his son. "He's probably looking that Pèrez daughter. He's practically in love with her I swear." "I am not." "Are to. You've been looking at her the whole time." Camilo rolled his eyes, his attention shifting back to Ximena.

"A Pèrez huh?" Abuela said observing the scene. "You should just give up Camilo she's out of your league." Mirabel teased, everyone ignored her. "Mira is right, you should probably leave it alone. There's a rumor that her father is trying to bring back a suitor from Mexico for each of his kids. You'll never stand a chance." Dolores said with a shrug walking off. Camilo rolled his eyes.

"You'll see. How hard can it be to win over this girl over? I've won over a couple before."

𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄!

in case you're curious, Ximena has 8 siblings. In age order it's, Alvaro, Evaluna, Elena/Elisa, Julian, Santiago, Ximena, Rosa/Rio.

Unedited, another chapter coming today if you vote, comment and follow.