The Afterparty

I thought that I should include the word count for every chapter:
3279 words.

《《《《《《》》》》》》

"Harry! What just happened?" Ginny grabbed the door handle for support. "Where did they go? Harry! Harry, answer me! WHAT THE HELL WAS IN THAT THING?" Ginny shouted at her husband who hadn't gotten up from the floor or turned to look at her.

"Don't touch anything!" Harry said panicking as he was getting up, "Leave it like it is." He addressed the gathering crowd and apparated on the spot, careful as to not disturb any shards of glass or the marble sized crystal stones.

The air rushed out of Ginny's lungs as she started to grip the seriousness of the situation, her children, who weren't old enough to cross the street by themselves, were magically gone. Had they been banished into nothingness? Would she ever see them again? Were they still alive? Anything could have happened to them. Anything.

Molly was saying something, but her voice was nothing more than an annoying buzz in her ear. "Where's Harry?" She looked at the faces of her brothers and sister in laws. She doubled over again, clutching her abdomen in pain. "Where did he go? Where are they? Were – Where are they?" Ginny's stomach gave a heave and expelled all its contents.

"Ginny! Ginny come sit." Molly conjured a chair and banished the throw up. Ginny was edging on hysteria, "Ginevra Potter. Listen to me. I know you're scared but you have to stay calm. Your kids need their mom, and you aren't doing them any good in hysterics."

It took a bit more soothing from her mother, but Ginny was able to calm down. She heard two pops in the kitchen. She ran downstairs. Harry met her half way; he was pushing a rather frightened looking man towards Charlie's room.

"Don't you dare tell me that the case was sealed when my three year old daughter opened it," Harry growled at the man. "Now get them back, or the things I will do to you." Harry threatened, holding his wand at the man's throat.

"I don't know how – that – that thing is barley understandable when it works right. You kids destroyed it. I don't know how you could possibly expect me to –" Harry had lost the wand and opted for his fist. He wasn't normally a violent person but it felt good to feel his nose shatter under his knuckles.

                    …~*~*…*~*~…

James woke up groggy; he was laying on something uncomfortable. It was Al's arm. Al's arm? He sat upright. He remembered what had happened. He looked around worriedly for Lily. She was about four feet to his left and breathing peacefully.

Where were they? The room was decorated in red and gold with a big fire place and welcoming armchairs. The siblings had been sleeping, or rather, unconscious, on a thick red rug, adorned with a gold lion. James knew where they were from the stories he had heard from Teddy, his parents and all his Aunts and Uncles.

They were in the Gryffindor common room, but where was everyone else? He got up and wobbled a bit on unsteady legs. "Al. AL! Wake up!" James hissed in his ear. Al started to stir so James moved onto Lily.

Once all three children were awake and walking steadily, they went in search of Neville, he would help them get home. "I fout Neville wived at home in summer. Lily said as they walked out of the portrait. Lily was right, it was summer vacation, they'd be lucky if they could find a way home before September. James hung his head in defeat. He wanted to go home.

"Come on! There's got to be someone around," James said, with false hope, but the corridors were empty and the castle was dark. They wandered aimlessly through the halls, until they came to a long hallway full of heavy looking, oak doors.