Lies and Delights

We spent so much time digging the ship out from the blowback of the Avatar that my arms were sore, threatening to snap if put under too much weight. "Honna, come on we're docking," Zuko called for me to join him and his Uncle, not that I minded joining them. But Zuko had been even more narrow-minded since actually finding the living proof that the Avatar was alive. Yet I followed Iroh and Zuko off the ship like a good princess.

"Uncle I want there repairs made to the ship made as quickly as possible. I don't want to stay too long and risk losing his trial," Zuko stated to his Uncle, expecting his Uncle to express his urgency. "You mean the Avatar," Iroh started correcting his nephew not thinking of the consequences "Don't mention his name on these docks!" Zuko spat causing Iroh to startle slightly from the change in mood. "Zuko is right Iroh, We need to be careful. As soon as people have confirmation that he's alive, every Firebender will be out looking for him, " I said expressing the urgency in my eyes.

As much as I hated the idea of giving the world more ammo to hate our nation, I couldn't do anything I was one girl. My only hope was to become Fire Queen and my only way to do that is to help Zuko capture the Avatar to regain our honor. "We can't have anyone getting in the way," Zuko said thinking about a general like my father searching for the Avatar. Thousands of warships would complicate things for sure. "Getting in the way of what, Prince Zuko?" Captian Zhao asked coming up behind us sending a shudder up my spine. 

"It's commander now," Zhao said to Zuko "General Iroh, great hero of our nation, and Princess Honna, it's a pleasure," he says to us I give a gentle formal bow, but say nothing to the creepy man. Iroh gives a simple bow as well while reminding Zhao of his retirement. "The Firelord's brother and son are welcome guests anytime. What brings you to my harbor?" Zhao asks annoying me slightly by the way he skips over me. "Our ship is being repaired," Iroh tells him gesturing to our extremely damaged ship. "That's quite a bit of damage," Zhao says looking at our ship inspecting it with a hard gaze. "Yes, you'll never believe what happened to it," Zuko said his mind immediately going blank unsure of what lie to use to cover this up with.

"Uncle, tell Commander Zhao what happened," he says I wish he wouldn't have, although I believe Iroh to be a type of genius lying was not his strong suit. I would have spoken out but a saw a figure in the background that made my knees weak, nearly trembling. I missed a moment of the conversation as I stared until "join me for a drink? I'm sure Honna would love to see her family," Zhao said causing the wind to knock out of me. The girl I was staring at was my sister, this was the first time I'd seen her in nearly 11 years. She was twelve and looked just like my mother. "I'm sorry but we have to be going," Zuko said trying to avoid the conflict brewing.

"Zuko dear, we must show Commander Zhao our respect, and we'll be quick," I tell him blushing embarrassed to call him dear, but it was a requirement to keep up appearances. He nodded a blush showing lightly himself. As Iroh inquired about tea I grabbed Zuko's arm and stood close to his ear. "Can we go over there," I asked pointing over to where Zulma stood in a nice dress near a cart of goods. "Why?" Zuko asked confused "because that's my sister, and I would love to hear her voice for the first time. She was only one when I left," I said staring at her with such intensity unable to stop the emotions coursing through my veins.

"Okay," he said, and then I ran throwing all my lady -ike etiquette to the wind "Zulma!" I cried feeling a tear finally leave my eye and then felt more streaking my face. She turned around at first confused but slight recognition coated her face "Honna!" she squealed just as excited before we crashed together. Although I've only got to know my little sister through letters I know she's my best friend and I was beyond over joyed to be able to cling to her, and begged for the moment to never go away. I pulled back and looked at her "You're right. You look just like mom," I tell her admiring te beautiful young lady in front of me. "You have dad's big nose," she claimed causing me to laugh unphased by the comment. 

This is what I've missed and wanted for so long, a sister and a normal life.