Turmoil in Escapes

I stormed to my room, fire flaring from my fist as I did. I looked into the mirror I had in my room and nearly screamed at the girl I saw. Zuko was right I'm a slave to my honor, I couldn't do anything I wanted out of fear of losing it. I was a betrothed princess I had a place, a duty, and a family to think about. If I choose what my heart wanted, I'd be betraying it all. I could feel the ache in my heart, who am I? What do I want? I tried to think the most dangerous thoughts I've ever let cross through my mind. 

Before I could find the answer I was looking for I heard a commotion from Zuko's room right beside mine. I knew right away it was the Avatar, Aang it was Aang. By the time I exited my room he was bowling right towards me to get back up to the main deck, but I was blocking his path. I stared at him and he held his staff in a defensive position, but for a reason, I moved aside. Aang ran past me looking back for only a second. When Zuko popped out of his room he called to me "What are you doing? don't let him escape!" 

I snapped back to reality remembering I couldn't afford to lose the Avatar. I followed out behind Zuko chasing after him. Zuko jumped off the guard tower onto the glider the Avatar was attempting to leave on causing them to tumble down back to the ship. I jumped from the tower down to where they were on the main deck and saw my chance to grab the Avatar, but I felt another part of me hesitate. I cursed myself, thinking that I needed to focus on what was best for me.

Right when I finally thought I had caught my bearings I was distracted by a giant flying creature. "What is that thing?" Zuko wondered aloud staring up at the beast, but his distraction was short-lived. He began attacking Aang with strong angry driven attacks that eventually lead to him falling overboard. I could hear a girl from the saddle of the flying creature call out to him begging for him to resurface live and fight. Then Aang rose up from the water bending it to his will knocking us all to the edge of the ship. Zuko was flung overboard striking fear into me "Zuko!" I shouted after him. He grabbed the anchor's rope and began to climb back up causing my fear to sink.

I reached out to help him pull him up, but right when we were nearing getting him back up the boy from the water tribe knocked me over falling pulling us both down on the rope. "That's from the Water Tribe!" he shouted down at us proclaiming his victory over us causing Zuko to growl frustrated with his defeat. Iroh soon came to help us back up to the ship as the creature took off from the ship carrying the Avatar with it.

"Shoot them down!" Zuko ordered out watching what he saw as his honor flying away. Iroh, Zuko, and I gathered in a formation and sent out a powerful blast of fire to stop them from getting away further, but Aang leaped from the animal and sent a gust of wind out steering our blast into a nearby glacier that caused snow and ice to barricade our ship. As the snow and ice crashed down Zuko pulled me back into his arms protecting me. 

"Good news for the Fire Lord, the Fire Nation's greatest threat, is just a little kid," Iroh states "that kid, Iroh, just did all of this," I tell him gesturing to the damage to our ship shocked that Iroh would make such a statement in the face of such destruction. "I won't underestimate him again, dig the ship out and follow them!" Zuko demands turning to see the guard thawing out the other guard froze by the Water bender "As soon as you're through with that," he adds not wanting the frozen guard to die.

The rest of the day was spent digging out the ship and thinking about Aang, and the turmoil he had started inside of me.