Chapter 5

Rosalie's POV
I could feel the heavy burning gaze of the mystery man who bore into me a few feet across the room. I ignored him, not wanting him to think he'd ever have a chance with me.

I've never dated or done anything with a man. I have no interest, nor will I ever be interested in engaging the male species.

Although I am a bit of a closeted hopeless romantic, I know the difference between fantasy and reality.

And the men in reality are nothing compared to the men I've fantasized about in books and movies. In fact, they're a joke. A waste of time.

Besides, the last time I trusted a man he lied to me. My brothers are all I have left. And if I can't count on my family not to lie to me, then I can't count on anyone.

I kept my eyes on my sister in-laws, and shifted uncomfortably in my seat. He was still looking at me. I don't know how long he's been staring, but I'm sure there is a limit. And it's getting to a point where it's just plain rude.

Having had enough of the creep, I stood to my feet and swiftly made my way towards the stranger. He remained still and unfazed as I stepped in front of him.

I had to look up at him because he towered over me like a skyscraper. But because he was similar in height to my brothers, I wasn't in the least bit intimidated.

"What the hell do you want?"

A smirk tugged at his lips, and it was then that I realized how beautiful he was. He had these unique golden green eyes that burned with a sort of chaotic calmness. And he had these deep blackish brown freckles that canvassed his face.

He ran a hand through his short black hair before glancing at the man beside him. He was just as handsome. The tips of his wavy brown hair were blonde, and he had a smile that was drop dead gorgeous.

"Is she talking to me?" The stranger asked the guy with the pretty smile.

"Seems so."

The stranger brought his attention back to me and tilted his head. "I don't much like your tone."

"And I don't fucking care," I retorted.

He raised a thin black brow. I couldn't tell if he was amused, pissed off, or both. "For such a pretty mouth, I'm surprised by your choice of language." He leaned in, his lips grazing my earlobe and his breath warming the side of my face. "That's not very ladylike of you, sweetheart."

Sweetheart?

"D-Don't call me that," I stammered.

"Call you what, sweetheart?" The smug smirk on his face widened, making it quite clear that he knew what I was talking about.

Irritated by the sheer arrogance of this stranger, I balled my hands into a fist to keep from sucker-punching him in his face.

He was attractive until he opened his mouth. And now I wish I hadn't wasted my time entertaining this asshole.

Scoffing and rolling my eyes, I turned on my heel, smacking him in his face with my hair as I made my way back to the girls.

I could still feel his lurking eyes on me, but I didn't dare turn back around. Valeria looked at me with concern. "Are you okay?"

"No. Can we please go. I've had enough of this place."

"What happened?" Evelyn asked, curious to know what or who had pissed me off.

If I had my sniper with me, I'd wipe that damned smirk off his face without a second thought.

"I'll tell you when we get home. I'm just ready to get out of here."