𝐍 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐍𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

𝙰/𝙽 ^𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚞𝚠𝚞

He slowly raised his sword. Aiming it at the girl's head. Ready to strike.

The shock paralized his prey. The girl could do nothing but witness one of her closest friends betray her. She had shown nothing to him but kindess. How can a person, with personal loyalty as fatal flaw, kill someone who had been so nice to him? That's impossible! Or so, she thought. He still stared back at her with empty, hollow expression.

Just as he was about to bring his sword down, a screech was heard and an eagle swooped down. It landed in front of Hazel, tranforming back into a human. Frank Zhang.

Percy's sword stopped and hovered over Frank's head.

"Your turn hasn't come. Right now, it's Hazel's. Move." Percy stated. His eyes were devoid of any emotion. Nothing but coldness was laced in his tone that sent a shiver creeping up Hazel's spine.

"You will not Hazel. I won't let you!" Frank cried out. He was brave. Courage was something he never lacked off and Percy knew that well enough.

But determination, also, stood ny Percy's side.

"You're right. I can't hurt Hazel until you're here, right? So be it." He whispered and with that, stabbed Frank's thigh.

When Percy was in New Rome, Reyna had taught him that stabbing the enemy in the thigh would awfully weaken it. Though you could just end it with a stab in the heart, stabbing in the thigh meant determining that the enemy was weaker than you. It was one of the most shameful cause of  death for a Roman.

Percy turned back to Hazel. Desperate pleas came from Frank's direction. A little trail of blood had been splashed on Hazel's face and hair. Her loved one's blood.

She let out a blood-curdling scream when Frank stopped struggling and his eyes rolled into the back of his head.

Percy brought his sword down.

Clang!

Anaklusmos' blade met a metal surface. Percy looked down to find a half-tore-down shield that was half buried, sticking out of the soil. It had saved Hazel's throat by a few inches.

His eyes lingered on it for a little longer. It was the shield that Lee Fletcher was wielding during the Battle of the Labyrinth.

Hazel was livid.

Big uh-oh.

Her eyes were full of hatred. They looked like they were glowing. But that golden lustre was anything but comforting and welcoming. They were glistening with hostility. Frustration. Anger. And something that he never even dreamed about Hazel.... Revenge.

He took a split-second decision and ran.

He ran to the Iris cabin. Not many campers were there. He threw riptide like a boomerang, injuring a few in it's way. Gasps rang around the room.

The next few minutes were a blurr. Not even Percy knew what he was doing. He just went and did it. All his brain could register were cries for help. Pleas for mercy. Bone-chilling screams. Shouts and yells asking why he was doing this. But even he didn't knew that.

Their noises were of no use because Tartarus was making the victim's sounds mute for the rest of the camp and freezing time outside the cabin containing Percy.

One by one, Percy slaughtered the whole camp. He killed his way through the other. Even the word 'murderer' seemed to have a happy meaning compared to him right now.

I'm sorry. Percy thought as he crushed Grover's skull under his feet.

Only four beings were left at half-blood hill, other than him.

Peleus.

Argus.

Chiron.

And...

Hazel.

As he turned to go to the big house, a voice called out "Hey, Prissy! Come on, let's have a sparring match! I bet you can lose under 5 seconds."

Looks like he miscounted. Oh well, five beings. Peleus, Argus, Chiron, Hazel and Clarisse. Not for long.

"What are you staring at, huh? Scared? Aww poor wittle Pwercy is afwraid-"

Her voice died down and so did her heartbeat.

A weapon at her chest. That was all she could realize before Thanatos took her away.

He was setting on his way again, when a powerful presence took his attention. His head snapped to the right.

Hazel Levesque.

Her eyes were glowing gold. Brighter than the sun itself. Her hair was frizzy and her curls seemed to be hovering. The golden glow reflected on her dark skin making her look intimidating. Huge chunks of precious stones and gems popped out of the ground.

She would've looked beautiful if it weren't for the dangerous aura enveloping her.

"Gah!" She shouted as she raised a dozen chunks of armours and swords.

They were all from the Battle of the Labyrith. Every torned piece of armour. Every twisted sword. Every celestial bronze arrow snapped in half. Every bent dagger with a trail of dried blood.

Hazel dug up almost half the hill.

Finally, Percy realized what he was doing.

This was all wrong.

Tears spilled down. Screams rang in his ears. His eyes looked like broken glass. You could hear his heart shattering and his soul wailing.

Never had he ever been so heart broken. And that was saying something.

When he returned his gaze to Hazel, she was standing with several hovering-weapons pointed at him, ready to attack.

Of course it was a clear choice for him.

He opened his arms.

Closed his eyes.

Got ready for the impact.

Luke, Bianca, Ethan, Zoë, Lee, Castor, Michael, Beckendorf, Silena, so many more... so many more... but just wait. I'm coming. Just wait. I'm coming.

For the first time since what seemed to be forever, he relaxed a bit. Now, he can go to the underworld. Apologize to everyone on his way. He was sure he was going to end up on the fields of punishment. At least, he can say sorry to the others before going there....

He smiled at that thought.

For once, a happy smile.

He is finally going to die!

𝙰/𝙽. 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚍. 𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐.... 𝚖𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎 𝙸'𝚖 𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚢 𝚍- 𝚗𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚛𝚜? 𝙾𝚔𝚊𝚢 𝚋𝚢𝚎. (𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚃𝚘𝚖 𝙷𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍)

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐!

𝙱𝚢𝚎...