𝐇 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤

Lᴏᴏᴋ, I ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴀ ʜᴀʟғ-ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ.

«ꋪꍏꏳꀍꏂ꒒»

We waited for Aurora to start.

We were sitting around the camp fire. Going to continue yesterday's game. There were five left. Aurora, Evan, Noah, Zwi and Percy. Percy requested to ne last.

"I used to adore disney princesses," Aurora started. "My whole childhood, I admired Disney. I dreamed of becoming strong, fierce, intimidating, brave yet at the same time soft, fragile, disciplined like disney princesses."

"I would daydream about dragons, faires, mermaids, talking animals nd prince charming. My mom hated it. Said my head was always on the clouds. Life was normal. A little too normal for my liking. I seeked adventures. Lived in fantasies. It started to get boring."

"Then one day my mom made me pack and drove me here. She was in a hurry.  Chiron explained things to me. Weeks later I got a message from the satyrs. They had some news abut mom."

"She hung herself."

"We never had the mom and daughter relationship so it didn't hit me that hard. Actually I didn't even shed a tear. I don't miss her bickerings. I remember her. But not miss. I got claimed. I'm a daughter of Eos."

I thought about it. Her mom suicided yet it didn't effected her at all. Normally I would've felt. Yeah, just felt. Being an Oracle made me lose half of my emotions. At times like this, I'm just confused. How am I supposed to feel? Pitty? Sad? Angry?

Then Evan started "I was raised by my mom. She was pregnant at her teenage. Yeah, Ares was that impatient. Anyway, we had to struggle a lot. Her family kicked her out. We lived in poverty for a while until..... well until..... prostitution."

He uttered the last word with great difficulty like he still hadn't accepted that fact. Once again, I couldn't pity him because of the spirit of Delphi consuming my emotions.

He didn't continue and Chiron didn't force him to.

Noah had a farely well childhood except for the part when he said he had a hobby of ripping out deer's intestines. Doesn't sound fun.

Zwi was Hebrew. He had a heavy accent and an awkward english but it was understandable. He was often bullied because he was black. The turning point of his life was when his sister commited suicide. Then Zwi came out as trans. Yeah, apparently his birth sex was female.

N͎o͎ o͎n͎e͎ P͎O͎V͎

While all of them were sharing stories, a certain son of Posiedon was lost in his own thoughts. He was staring at the moon. The night was beautiful. Cloudless. Full of stars. Full moon. Occasional fireflies. Some owl hoots. And of course, the dark haired boy's repeated the message to the stars; 'Bob says hello'.

Though no one noticed it, the boy's eyes were filled with a type of longing. A deep, heartfull yet dark longing. As if that longing was for death itself....

He tried to make up an excuse. A story. A lie. A distraction. Anything but the truth.

Finally Zwi finished and they all turned to Percy expectantly.

"Umm.... I...." Percy stammered.

«J̺͆a̺͆s̺͆o̺͆n̺͆»

Now, I was curious.

Like, I know his childhood was one of the happiest that a demigod could get but then why is he hesitating? Probably something embarassing, shamefull. Whatever it was, it can't be worse than the others.

Right?

"Fine...." Percy started "Posiedon never got to see my face. He had to leave earlier because of Zeus. My mom gave birth to me alone and.... well Posiedon decided to make up for his absence. My mom always wanted to travel the world so for a year we just bouced fron country to country. Posiedon supplied all the finance. Brazil, Japan, Great Britain, Italy, Australia and Egypt. Six countries in one year. I picked up different languages, accents, tastes. We traveled until...

Until she married. She married a man. Gabe Ugliano. Not exactly the best step dad but his strong scent really helped covering mine. So, a lot less monsters. I ran away once. Grover handed me back. I was twelve when Alecto attacked. Then the minotaur. You know the rest..... my mom loves me and I love her too.

Not satisfied? Fine. Gabe was super rude and spent all our money so I handed Medusa's head to my mom and she made her first very realistic statue of her ex-husband. She remarried someone else. Named Paul Blowfish. They have Estelle Blowfish-Jackson now.

Yeah, my mom killed her ex-husband when I said I won't come until he goes. Try beating that level of Badass."

I have absolutely nothing to say. Can anyone be more non-normal than him?

«🇵 🇪 🇷 🇨 🇾 »

You have no idea how fast I ran to my cabin after everyone left. Faster then Grover on Enchilada day. And that was saying something.

I locked my cabin door and started to hyperventilate. I had a panic attack. Anxiety.

I needed someone to talk to. I needed someone to hug me. Tight.

They all said anything can be fixed, right? Well, I waited.

I waited for someone to come and hug me so tight that all my broken peices would be glued together.

I waited for someone to care for me so loud that it would drown out my whispers of low self-esteem.

I waited for someone to love me so clearly that it would melt all hatred bottled up inside me.

I waited for someone to offer me a shoulder to cry onto.

I waited for someone to just be there when I was having a meltdown.

I waited. You have no idea how long I waited. And guess what? I'm still waiting.

𝙰/𝙽 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚒𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔. 𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔, 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚖 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚑𝚜. 𝙸'𝚖 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎! 𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝!
(;'༎ຶٹ༎ຶ')

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐!

𝙱𝚢𝚎...