𝐆 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐆𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭

Sʜᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʙᴇ ᴍʏ ʙɪɢɢᴇsᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪғ.

«🇵 🇪 🇷 🇨 🇾 »

I headed straight to my cabin and had a panic attack. What should I tell them? The truth? Continue to lie?

The panic attcack lasted a couple of minutes before I was sucked into a flashback.

Fʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋ~

It was the night I ran away.

A small child was visible. Approximately 10 years old. The child had raven black hair, wild and untamed. Eyes so bright, it could be seen from 10 meters away. It was a swirling mess. A whirlpool of turquoise, teal, cyan and sea-green. His eyes were supposed to be filled with innocence, playfulness, hope, happiness and ever-lasting questions but instead it was filled with pain, grief, suffering, lost and hopelessness.

Me.

That child was me.

I saw myself running away from the house. The cursed house. Full of blood. Murder. Memories of screams. Ever-lasting sounds of desperate pleads.

From the corner of my eyes, as I was running, I saw a body. I stopped. My eyes stared at the body that was carelessly thrown at dumpster. A fraction of it's legs were visible. I stepped forward to get a better look.

They figure was lifeless. Long brown hair was tangled and in a mess. Upon closer inspection, you could see the glassy eyes. It was still a light shade of brown but the warmth was gone. The corpse was no one other than the child's mother.

Sally Jackson.

I froze. No. It can't be. Even though I doubted it, I was still not ready for this. The one person I admired the most. I was now witnessing my own mother's corpse.

I sank to my knees. Silent tears poured down cheeks. I didn't sob. Nor did I weep. I just igored the absence her heartbeat and breath. I just clutched her arms with my hands like it was a life line, which it was, and tried to convinceyself that she was alive.

I spoke in low whipers.

"Hey mom, it's been a long time. I don't even know when I last saw you. But now we're fine. I ran away frowm Gabe. I'm safe. You're safe. We can start all over again." I whispered. "Remember when you told me that we'll leave Gabe when I'm old enough and behave good enough? Well I'm ready to be good. I don't know how old you expected but it's now or never, mom. Please wake up. For me?"

I waited. I waited for her to show any sign of life. Any movement.

Nothing.

"I'll be good, mom. I'll always put on a brave smile, even when I'm hurting inside. I won't ever let them see my tears. I'll act happy so others can be happy. They won't have to bother to numb my pain. I'll be brave. I'll accept. I'll smile till my last breath. I swear to keep others happy.... please wake up." I tried again.

I sat there for a few minutes. Waiting for her to wake up and hug me. But she never did. I breathing hitched. Tears streamed down my chin. I collapsed. My last hope was gone. There was nothing to keep me going now.

I gave up.

Fʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴇɴᴅ~

I was snapped back to reality by a burning pain at my thigh. I looked down to see Anaklusmos pressed against my skin. Even though it was on it's flat side, it was still painfull as it was celestial bronze.