Chapter Nineteen: "Oh Look, Gerard's There, Act Sweet."

Helo guys! So I'm very sorry if I've been updating for once every twio days now...school just weighs things down and, I had a friend whose life at home isn't really going well and...

Anyways, as I promised (around yesterday, I guess. I'M SORRY) here's chapter nineteen!!

Chapter Nineteen: “Oh Look, Gerard’s There, Act Sweet.”

- Chelsea -

Seven days. For seven days I’ve been busy keeping myself busy with Billie (heh, see what I did there?) and, frankly, it had been pretty fun because every time Gerard (or any of his friends, really) were in the same place as us, we would start laughing as if he’d said a really funny joke.

We’d also hold hands.

We’d get ‘clingy’ with each other.

We’d be close…close to the fact that our noses would touch.

Not that I didn’t mind, it was nice having Billie around, somewhat, but I decided to keep my mind and feelings in check -- I wouldn’t want to fall in love with him.

Even if he was making me fall in love with him.

Now, it became almost like a routine between the two of us. We’d sit together, pull out our school materials and, when Gerard would pass by (taking a glance at us, of course), our minds go in sync like:

‘Oh look, Gerard’s there, act sweet.’

Then we would start the act.

Although I can’t help but notice the way his eyes crinkle at the corners when he’d laugh, the emotion in his eyes being playful, his words becoming just a little bit sweeter and, the sound of his laugh whenever he’d catch me blushing.

Like now…

“Oh, Chelsea, you’re killing me,” he sighed, wiping a stray tear from the corner of his right eye.

I grin, “I try. But I don’t want you dead yet so…”

He rolls his eyes then manages to get a glimpse of Gerard’s retreating back before turning to me, a more sincere-looking smile on his face, “thanks for agreeing to this.”

I smile back, “no problem. I’m here when you need me.”

He stands up, “And I’ll be here when you need me. I gotta go, Chelsea,” he swooped down and gave me a one-armed hug, one that I had to submerge myself in -- even for a while. He lets go, “see you later,” and winks before turning and walking away.

What am I doing?

-