Beautiful Mess : Chapter 04

Okay, here's the next chapter! I'm VERY sorry to tell you that the build-up will take longer.

Daya and Shreya made sure to never mention anything sexual again the rest of the time they spent in the aquarium. They pretended like nothing happened, but inside their minds, the memories were still flooding. Daya avoided making unnecessary eye contact, and Shreya avoided touching him in any way, even though all she wanted to do was to throw herself into his arms, kissing and fucking him.

When they finished walking around the aquarium, Daya took her to have lunch at the restaurant in the hotel. Shreya lied to him that she had to go back to her apartment to get ready for  her job. She would take two shifts today. He was whining when she told him that, but he dropped her off at her apartment anyways.

She kissed him goodbye and got out of his car.

She had to stay away from him. They were so close to fucking each other's brains out, and they needed some space away from each other to cool off. When she was inside her apartment, she made sure to lock down so she could have privacy to herself. Shreya sunk down onto the couch, trying to recall everything about what had happened at the aquarium.

Shit! They were treading a thin line here. That was just so close. She thought. And what was up with how turned on she was? Just a mere thought about him fucking her in a public place made her so wet. What the fuck, Shreya??

But Daya was so good at dirty talking, Not to mention how wonderful his fingers were.

STOP THINKING ABOUT DAYA RIGHT THE FUCK NOW, SHREYA! For your own sake!

Shreya sighed before getting up and going to the bathroom to freshen up. That was when she noticed how many hickeys Daya had left on her body. She also found a bruise in the shape of his hand on her hips.

Shreya washed herself before calling Purvi.

"Hey, Purvi…I can't come in today. Can you tell the boss for me?"

"Yeah, sure." Purvi told her. "I have half an hour left on my shift. I will stop by at your apartment, we can hang out tonight if you feel like it."

"Hell yeah! I have a lot to talk to you about, too."

"Our usual club then."

"Yeah, see you soon, Purvi."

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

"ARGHHH!" Daya startled awake, covered in sweat and panting hard, trying to catch his breath. His eyes widened.

It was the fucking nightmares again. The nightmares that he had once or twice every week (on a rare occasion, they came to him every day for a week) and it had been haunting him since the incident. Every time it happened, it drowned him into the darkness, suffocating him until he couldn't breathe or move, no matter how hard he was trying to struggle. He saw two faces…two faces of two dead people.

He couldn't get rid of these nightmares, not until he forgot about them. He went to the therapist, but it didn't help, so the therapist suggested that he should tell his significant other about it so she could help him.

He did as the therapist suggested. He told Aditi, but the result wasn't the way he'd hoped it would turn out to be. Aditi had only said that she knew he could deal with this, because 'he was a grown up', and she would be there with him. But what hurt him the most was that she wasn't. The first couple of nights were okay. He woke up and she held him in her arms, soothing him back to sleep. The night after that, she would just ignore it and go back to sleep, hoping that he could deal with this by himself.

Not many people understood him. Abhijeet and Rajat knew about the incident. Sachin gave him advice. Kavin cheered him up every time he heard Daya had a nightmare. But they hadn't been there when it had happened so they didn't know how was it was affecting him.

Every damn time, he felt like he was losing his mind without someone to ease his pain. He learned a long time ago to cope with it by himself because of Aditi. He could do it, but the fallout led him into a deep depression, which resulting in a deep, dark collection of arts. (People still brought his depression work. Daya didn't understand them at all.)

It drained him every time, but he would get through it.

The room filled with the sound of his breathing until his phone rang. Daya quickly answered the phone: it was Shreya.

"Hey, Shreya…" His voice was shaking uncontrollably.

"Hey, bae, are you alright? You sound a bit out of breath."

"Yeah, I'm fine." Daya lied.

But she knew him way better than that. "Liar." She called him out. "Tell me the truth."

Daya was still trying to dodge the question. He couldn't let Shreya see this side of him. She would hate him, or worse, think less of him. He couldn't stand it. "You're home?"

"That's just changing the subject." She said. "Yes, I'm home. Now tell me what's bothering you…wait…are you with anyone else?" She joked, tried to make him feel relaxed.

"No…it's…" His voice started to crack. "It's…just…a nightmare."

"Are you okay? Wanna talk about it?"

"No and no."

"I'm here if you need anything. You know that I'm here if you wanna talk, right?"

What was he thinking? This was Shreya. He could tell her everything and anything. She would listen hold him, making him feel better…right? Wasn't that what she did all this time? He trusted her more than anything, so he told her.

Daya sighed. "Yeah, I know. It just…you would think less of me if I tell you this."

"You know that I wouldn't do that to you." Her voice was soothing.

"Remember the rebellious thing we talked about earlier?" He asked. "This is the one thing I never told you. My biggest, darkest secret I didn't want anyone to know about."

"Yes, I remember. Go on, bae. I'm here for you."

To Be Continued...