16)

While grandfather was talking, kaylan gets a call, he turns around to leave, but he was interrupted by him.
"Hold on son,"
Grandfather said.
Kaylan takes his phone away and faced him, "yes sir?".. he says.

Grandfather gets up from the sofa with the $300 I made from the materials sold.
He dragged out my hand and placed it on my palm.

"Alina, do you know what to do now?". He looks at me
"No sir," I answered.
"Fine, come with me" grandfather rode outside, I walked with him, and behind following us was Kaylan.

Mr. David, Kaylan's driver, drove out with the car.

Kaylan and I looked at grandfather and he signaled with his eyes to get in, I did and so did kaylan.

I thought maybe he wanted me for another task, fortunately, it wasn't, for any boring tasks but to spend the 300 dollars I had with kaylan, according to him, he says, it was another important task given to the daughter-in-law.

He waved to us, as we left.

David drove us to a nearby shopping mall, he packed outside, and kaylan and I got out of the car.

I held nothing but my phone and the, 300 dollars, Kalyan stared around and turning back in my direction he blabbed out a strange name.

"Elena Jew?"

I moved back and a young sophisticated lady came out of a car, kaylan rode past and went to her.
"Kaylan?" She slammed her car doors and hugged him.

They both talked and I watched at the side.
The sun was burning hot and kaylan didn't seem to care, he walked away with Elena into the shopping mall forgetting I was still standing.

I walked into the mall to spend my 300 dollars and that seems fair, after all, I worked alone and since kaylan wasn't there to help me, I might as well, enjoy it myself.

I passed the clothing store at the mall.
They seem to have beautiful clothes in, so I went inside to grab a closer look.

I snatched a plain white grown with a little opening in the back when it struck me.

Does grandfather want me to spend it on myself? Can this be a test to see if truly I can put others before myself?

Instantly I kept the dress and left the store.
Coming out I bumped into kaylan with his lady friend.
He even held some of her bags and I'm sure if I had asked him to help me with mine, he wouldn't do it, and now his all prince charming for another woman.
We both passed without talking to each other.
After a few hours, of shopping, I came out with a huge bag.

David rushed out and helped me put them in the trunk.

I got into the car and was surprised that kaylan was already waiting for me, he gives me a little smile and I'm guessing he knew what he did.

David sits at the front and drives back home,  we walked in with the bags and grandfather seems not to have moved from his original position, we left him hours ago.

"Welcome dear, I've been waiting for you?". 
He looks at my bag.

Kaylan's parents walk out at the same time.
They both had this anxious look on their faces, have I done something wrong?...