The First Date

Anthony was very nervous. He was on his way to pick up Jasmine for a date. Their first date, to be more specific. He really wanted this to go well. Jasmine was wonderful, and he would be very upset if he lost her. He walked up to her apartment door and knocked. "Who is it?" she yelled.

"Ant!" he yelled back. He heard her squeal through the door causing him to laugh. Jasmine opened the door looking beautiful. She was wearing a simple red dress with a jean jacket. Her hair was done into soft waves, and she was wearing simple makeup. Not too fancy, but not too casual either.

"Hi," she answered the door.

"Hey," he smiled, "You look nice." She smiled back,

"Thanks!" They stood there awkwardly until Jasmine finally invited him in.

"Sorry it's a little messy. I wasn't actually expecting you to come in," she apologized.

"It's cleaner than my house," he said, making them laugh. He sat on her couch.

"You can sit here for a bit, I have to grab my purse and finish getting ready, but after that we can leave. Okay?" she explained.

"Alright," he told her. Anthony watched as she walked off into her room. A few minutes later, Jasmine came out, purse in hand, and ready to go.

     The ride to the park was awkward to say the least. There was no talking, just complete silence. The only sound was the noise from the radio and the sound of the moving car. Jasmine sat back and watched him as he drove. She would sit and stare until he'd look over.

     When she saw him starting to move his head her way, she would turn around as quickly as she could. Anthony knew what she was doing but chose to ignore it. He figured pointing it out would make the ride more awkward than it already was. Once they made it to the park, Anthony grabbed the bag full of everything they needed for the picnic. They started setting up their picnic table, talking about random things in the process. "Do you have any siblings?" she asked.

"Yeah, I have an older brother and sister," he answered.

"Really," she said in a British accent, "What are their names?" Anthony paused.

"Stephanie and Mario," he told her.

"Did you really have to think about what your siblings' names are?" she asked.

"No... it just took a while for the words to come out of my mouth," he said, making them laugh. They finished setting up the table and sat down to eat.

"How's your mom?" Jasmine asked. They had already met each other's parents on opening night for Hamilton, and their families loved each other already.

"She's good!" he said in between bites, "She asks about you a lot. Plus, she's really good friends with your mom. They hang out a lot." Jasmine smiled. They sat eating and talking for hours, until they noticed the sun starting to set.

"We should probably head home," Jasmine told him.

"Yeah," he agreed. They packed up their picnic and left.

     The car ride back to Jasmine's apartment wasn't as awkward as the ride to the park. There were still awkward moments, but they mostly laughed and sang along to music the whole time.

     Once they made it back to Jasmine's place, Anthony got out and walked her to the door. "I had fun today, and if you're up for it, I would love to have another date some time," she said.

"I would love that," he told her. Jasmine smiled, hugged him goodbye, and went into her house. They both stayed up the rest of the night. Even though they were in two different places, their minds were on the same thing. They spent the rest of the night thinking of all the possibilities for them and their relationship.