Chapter 8- Fake Dates

Wc: 1294

*Your Pov*
As I entered the school, my mood completely changed for the day, I entered calculus, late. "Ms. L/n, you're late." The teacher pointed out. "No shit" I whispered under my breath, taking my seat next to Peter. "Hey Y/n. You okay?" Peter asked. I couldn't be mad at him because let's be real, we had nothing going on between us. I couldn't help but still feel a little sad at what Ned told me though. "Hey Pete. I'm okay, just a little tired" I said. I wasn't lying, I was very tired. "Oh okay.." he said, turning his head away.

XXXXXX

Lunch slowly arrived, and I had been aching for it to come. I saw Ned and Peter having a rushed conversation, ending it when I approached. "Hey guys" I smiled, taking a seat next to Peter. "So what are you guys doing later?" Peter asked. "I guess I can go home and do some homework. What time is your date with Liz?" I asked. It stung hearing those words leave my mouth. "Date..? What date are you talking about?" Peter asked. "What do you mean? Ned said you had a date with Liz tonight and that's why you couldn't hang out" I frowned. "Wha-" Peter glanced at Ned, who seemed to be anxious, then back to me. "Ohhh yeahh right. Um- I- uh. It's at um 3:00. Yeah.. 3." He said, not sound too sure in his answer. "Oh, okay" I said, not sounding enthused. "I don't really feel good, so I think I'm gonna go" I said, getting up from my seat. "What's wrong?" Ned asked. I felt fine, I just didn't really wanna be here today if I'm being honest. "Yeah um, I think started my period, so I'm having really bad cramps" I said. Really Y/n?! Cramps?! This was so embarrassing. "I'll see you guys later, have fun on your date Peter!" I put on a smile, exiting the cafeteria. I heard footsteps, the sound becoming louder. "Y/n, wait up!" Of course. It was Peter. "Hey, what's up?" I asked. "I wanted to make sure you were okay. I once read cramps were as bad as a heart attack, so I wanted to check on you" he explained. My heart immediately melted. "Oh my gosh Peter, you're amazing. I'm okay, thanks for checking" I smiled at him. God the effect this boy has on me, and I have yet to get to know him. "You better get to class soon! I'll see you later" I said, leaving the school.

As I was driving home, I would've sworn I saw a familiar red and gold figure in the sky, but I assumed I was seeing things, and continued to drive home.

I forgot to tell my mom I was coming home early, so I was a little nervous to see her reaction to me skipping class. "Mom? I'm home early" I said, letting myself inside. "Why aren't you at school?" She said, skipping the 'hey hun'. "I'm way to tired to be there today. I'm sorry. I promise I won't miss any more days this week" I quickly apologized, knowing how she is about me skipping school. I had bad habits of skipping almost 3 classes a day every other day at my old school in AZ, so I see why she is strict when it comes to school. "You better not!" She said with a stern tone.

I decided I should get some homework done since I wouldn't be there for my last three classes.

XXXXXX

After finishing all of my homework, three and a half hours had already flown by. "Wow. There goes my whole day" I said out loud to myself. Peter would be going on his date right about now, and who knows what Ned was up to. "I guess I could see what mom and dad are doing" I said.

*Peter's Pov*
School got out almost an hour ago, and Ned still hasn't told me why Y/n thought I was going on a date with Liz. Not that that doesn't sound appealing, but Liz would never date me... I was gonna call Ned, but I realized Mr. Stark wanted me to come to the tower today. That means something big!

I dressed in my suit, doing some cool poses in the mirror before swinging out of my window. "Karen" That's the name of my AI that Mr. Stark designed. "Yes, Peter?" She responded. "Tell Happy I am almost there please" I told her. I have been getting more comfortable with Mr. Stark and Happy, so I like to notify them a lot. It may get annoying, but whateverrr.

As I was swinging through the city my mind was lead to Y/n. I don't know why I've been thinking about her so often. Probably just because she's becoming a good friend.. yeah. A friend, that's all. "Peter, would you like me to send medical help? Your heart rate has significantly increased." Karen asked. "Wha- NO! I'm fine, thank you" I said. I continued to think about Y/n the rest of the way there.

Once I reached the tower, Happy was outside waiting for me. "Hi Happy!" "Hey kid" he said, slightly smiling at me. Happy seemed to be in an okay mood today, which was nice.

We went to Mr. Stark's lab, and he was working on something. "Hi Mr. Stark!" I said. "Tony. How many times to I have to tell you, call me Tony." He said. "Sorry.. Mr. Tony" I apologized. "Okay, anyways. I need to talk with you." Mr. Stark said. It sounded pretty serious, so I put on a straight face. "W-what is it?" I asked. "Well..." he started.

*Your Pov*
I was pretty bored, so I texted Peter to see how his date was going. I know I shouldn't bother him, especially on a date, but I wanted to be a good friend.

It's been 10 minutes and he hasn't responded. It must be going well then...

XXXXXXX

*1 Month Later*
So it's been 1 whole month since I've lived in Queens, and it has by far, been the best month of my life. I've gotten closer with Mj, and Ned is my best friend, and I think it's safe to say I have a crush on Peter. I've already told Mj, but I think if I tell Ned, he will blab his mouth to Peter.

In fact, I was about to go to Peter's place with Ned, just after I get changed. We were all meeting at Peter's, then going to dinner for a 'Friendsgiving' type of thing, so I had to dress somewhat nice. This is what I came up with:

I headed downstairs to meet with Peter and Ned

I headed downstairs to meet with Peter and Ned. The door was unlocked, probably because they knew I was coming, so I just let myself in. "Hey gu- wow." I stopped and stared at Peter for like, a solid 5 seconds. "Y-yeah?" He spoke. "Sorry. You look amazing" I told him, staring some more. "You too Ned" I said, trying not to leave him out. "Oh- thanks. You look beautiful" he smiled, checking out my outfit. "Wellll kids, it's time to go! And remember, I'll pick you guys up in 3 hours!" May said, walking out the door.

As we arrived at the restaurant, Peter seemed to be getting anxious. "Hey, are you alright?" I asked, concerned. "Hey, I'm gonna go get us a table while you guys talk" Ned said, me nodding in response. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked, grabbing his face, to face me. "I'm really sorry Y/n.. I have to go" and that's all he said before running into an alleyway...