Chapter 1- Moving Day

Wc:1073

*Your Pov*
Today was the big day.. The day I leave my small town in Arizona- for a big change.. NY. Yep! It's not that I'm not excited. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE moving! It's just that it took me so so long to finally make friends where I'm at now, and I have to throw it all away for my mom's huge promotion in New York. I'm actually hoping I'll be able to get some stuff done today once we arrive at our apartment complex. I really wanna explore the city, but chances are I won't have time for that today. Or tomorrow even. Tomorrow is my first day at my new high school. Midtown High? I think at least. I still can't believe my dad is making me start this week. I think I should get to skip this week, and get to know the area, but wHat ever.

Anyways, I'm in the car right now, and we are about to approach the apartment complex. "Hey Mom, do you think I could take the car and go get some new clothes once we get settled in a bit?" (In my state, you can drive at the age of 14 1/2, so in the story I'm 15!) I asked. I got rid of most of my clothes, because trust me, my wardrobe was in need of an upgrade. "Sure honey, I don't see why not" she smiled.

XXXXXX

After unpacking all I had, I took the keys, and drove til I found a clothing store. I was thrilled to dress up my closet, so I really went all out with my outfits.

After about an hour or two of shopping, I was pretty hungry, so I decided to look up "restaurants near me". A sandwich shop called "Delmar's" popped up, with a 5 star rating, and didn't seem too far, so I made my way there.

Once I arrived, it took me about 5 minutes to look at the menu, when a very cute, curly haired, boy interrupted my thoughts. "If you ask me, the number 5 is AMAZING" he said with joy. I laughed and took the advice. I didn't really know what to say because I'm not a very social person, so when people talk to me, I kinda get awkward on them. "Will do" I replied, smiling. SERIOUSLY?! "WiLl dO" FOR FUCKS SAKE Y/n HE'S OBVIOUSLY TRYING TO MAKE CONVERSATION I thought to myself. Honestly, he probably wasn't. He probably thought I looked confused as hell and out of place and wanted to give a suggestion. Oh my lord.. This is why I don't go out. I'm getting FOOD and rethinking my whole life's decisions right now. I need to get it together. "Next order!" The man behind the counter shouted. "Hi! Could I please get the number five, and could I please have extra pickles? I LOVE pickles" I laughed. "You got it! Will that be all today, Miss?" The sweet man asked. "That will be all, thank you sir" I smiled. As I payed for my food, I look around for a place to sit. I saw an empty booth, and took it before someone else. Right as I took my seat, my phone started to buzz. It was Mom. "Hey Mom, everything good?" I asked. "Hey sweetie! Where are you? You've been gone for awhile and we're new so maybe you got lost and-" "I'm okay Mom! I was starving so I got some food. And it's okay, I need to get to know the area if we are going to be living here" I told her. "Okay babe (my mom calls me that so DONT BE WEIRD) just don't be out for too long! After all, you have school tomorrow" she said. "I won't Mom, I'll be back soon. Love you bye!" "Love you too sweets!" She said, ending the call. "One number 5 with extra pickles!!" The man called out. I got up from my seat, taking my sandwich as the cute boy from earlier reaches for my food. "Oh um, I think this one's mine, I get extra pickles" he tells me, smiling. "Oh- um I'm sorry, I did too so" I said, awkwardly. "Hey kid, this one's hers, yours is smooshed down" the man told the attractive boy. "O-Oh I'm sorry, my bad" he said, looking down. "No no! It's okay" I reassured him. I grabbed the sandwich and returned to the booth.

After I finished my AMAZING sandwich, I texted my mom and told her I'm on my way home. "H-hey, um I couldn't help but hear your phone call earlier, and um- are you new here?" Once again, the cute boy about my age maybe, was talking to me. No offense to him because he was absolutely gorgeous, but can he not tell that I don't know what the fuck to say to people? "Oh! Um yeah I am. I actually just got here a few hours ago and start at this new school tomorrow." I told him. Wow, I honestly surprised myself. Ya I didn't say shit but I said more than "um- yeah- heh- oh!" Which is a win for me. "Oh that's cool! You look about my age, what school do you start at?" He asked. "I think it's called Midtown High" I told him. "No way, I go there! Maybe I could show you around tomorrow" he smiled, a red creeping on his face. "Oh that's nice! That's sweet, thanks for the offer! But I wouldn't want you to feel the need to show some lost girl around" I chuckled. "No really, I would love to" he said. "Well okay then" I replied. Omg I sounded bitchy. This is why I'm ANTIsocial! "Oh my god I didn't mean it like that I'm sorry" I told him, an awkward smile plastering my face. "It's okay" he smiled. "Well I should get going, my aunt is probably waiting at home for me" he said, starting to walk away. "Okay yeah, it was nice meeting you- oh um I didn't... get your name." He was already down the street by time I finished my sentence. Well.. there goes my chance. I need to get home, it's been a LONG ass day...

——————————

A/n: I HOPE THIS WAS OKAY!! It's first chapter so it's kinda boring, sorry:/ BUT TRUST THE PROCESS:D<3