Chapter 6- Café Confrontation

Wc: 1070

*Your Pov*
I woke up 15 minutes before my alarm, and used this time to pick and outfit out before my shower. I tried to go for something cute and casual. Here's what I chose:

I hopped in the shower and sang to my summer playlist, which was mostly taken over by J

I hopped in the shower and sang to my summer playlist, which was mostly taken over by J. Cole and Doja Cat.

Once done in the shower, I plastered on some moisturizer and applied a light coat of mascara and lipgloss. I decided to leave early so I wasn't late. I couldn't help but hope Peter would walk with me.

After my not so long walk to school, I actually had time to stop by my locker. I ran into Ned, which was a pleasant surprise. "Oh hey Ned!" I smiled. "Y/n! You're here early!" He said. "Yeah I woke up early" I stated. "Hey tell Peter that he's a dick." I half joked. "Wha- why? What'd he do?" Ned asked. "Well he stood me up last night. We were supposed to go out to a cafe, and I sat there for 3. Fucking. Hours." I said, obviously pissed off. "Oh my god." He said in shock. "Right?!" I said. "No not him, when you swear, it makes you like 10 times hotter." Ned said, mesmerized. "What-" I was genuinely on the verge of wheezing at what he just said, in fact I did. I quite literally couldn't breathe at what he just said, that is until Peter walked in. "Hey guys! What's got you laughing?" Peter asked. "Oh fuck you" I stopped laughing, walking away from the pair. "Ned! Meet me at the Queen's Café at 3! DON'T be late!" I shouted as I continued to walk away.

*Ned's Pov*
Wow. How could Peter stand that up. "Dude you're in troubleee" I teased him. "What is she mad about? And what was she dying over?" Peterman asked. "Well 1. You stood her up for 3 hours last night, and 2. She thought it was funny that I called her hot when she swears" I casually said. "I stood her- oh my god I totally forgot I was hanging out with her" he said. "Yeahhh it sounded like more than a 'hangout' to her man. You better go fix that." I patted him on the back. Being best friends with Peter was like watching a comedy. I should really start taking pop corn with me wherever I go to be honest.

*Peter's Pov*
"Wait- what do you mean she meant more than hangout? What did she say" I asked. "Well she said 'we were going out to the café and I sat there by myself for 3. Fucking. Hours.'-" "Okay! That's enough Ned! I get it. I'm gonna go find her in class, I'll see you at lunch" I ran to class. I really messed up..

*Your Pov*
I was looking forward to getting to know Ned more, because he seemed like a very cool and fun guy. "Y/n! Can we talk.?" Peter interrupted my thoughts. "Y'know, we were supposed to do that last night, but that idea's gone" I said. I may have been overeacting, or not. But it was fun seeing him crumble in the palm of my hands. "I'm so sorry, you wouldn't understand, but I-" "oh don't even start with that bullshit 'you wouldn't understand' because, you know maybe if you would've just texted me and told me you wouldn't make it, you wouldn't have pissed me the fuck off" I went off on him. "Damn. Ned was right" I heard Peter say under his breath. "Mkay so instead of explaining why you stood me up, you're gonna talk under your breath. That's really nice of you" I fake smiled at him. I moved to a desk in the back, and sat next to a boy. "Y/n! Trust me, you don't wanna sit with him" Peter warned me. "Hello there! I'm Y/n" I smiled at the boy. "Well well well. Looks like your girl doesn't want you anymore Penis Parker." The boy said. Okay that was a bit rude. "Flash, just stop." Peter said. "Nah bro, you're such a pussy" this 'Flash' guy said, crumbling a piece of paper and throwing it at Peter. "Okay that's enough." I said to the boy. "Whats wrong babe? Wasn't the loser bothering you?" The ugly guy said, pulling me in by my waist. "Don't fucking touch me" I said, slapping his face hard. "Oh you're gonna regret that later" he said. "Yeah we'll see" I rolled my eyes. I got up from my current placement, and sat back next to Peter. "Sorry.. I may have overreacted." I apologized, looking down. "No it's okay, I-I'm sorry too. I was a jerk for standing you up on our date." Pete said. "Date?" I repeated. "Oh- um, like a friends date.. y-yeah" he quickly made that up. "It's fine. Just don't be late for our next one." I smiled at him. He slowly reached for my hand, and I let him take it, wrapping his fingers around mine.

XXXXXX

School had just gotten out, and I was meeting Ned at the Café in 30 minutes, and it took me 15 to walk there, so I left right away. "Y/n! Where are you going?" Peter asked, catching up to me. "I'm meeting Ned at the Café. Could I have his number by the way? Since he's my friend now too" I asked. "Yeah, s-sure. Here" he said, taking my phone and putting Ned's number in. "Well I'll see you later!" I smiled. "Wait!" He stopped me. "Yeah?" "When you're done, you should come over later. I mean, only if you want!" He asked. "I'll think about it" I smirked. "I gotta go, I'll see you later" I smiled. He waved.

After making it to the Café, Ned was already there sitting at a table. "Hey Ned!" I smiled, walking up to the table. "Hey Y/n! I got here early so you don't chew my ass like Peter's" he joked. "Don't worry, you're good" I laughed. "So.. you and Peter?" Ned winked. "Huh?" I was genuinely confused. "Oh c'mon, don't act like there isn't something going on." He smirked. Was he right? Was there something going on? Maybe...

A/N: I HAVENT BEEN IN THE WRITING MOOD SO IM TRYNA WRITE A FEW CHAPTERS TODAY SO ENJOYYYY:D