Chapter 4 Wildfire

Later that dreadful day, as the storm rages on outside the barn, all of the horses are in their stalls settling down for the night. Wildfire, however, cowers in the back of his stall trying to avoid the gaze of the fiery Arabian mare next to him.

"I sure Sarah will be okay." says Button. "Sarah will be fine, she's strong." murmurs Scarlet more to herself than out loud for everyone else to hear. "She'll be a lot stronger than Will's going to be." mutters Jimber. "What do you mean Jimber?" asks Aztec. Isn't it obvious? Will loves Sarah. I can feel his emotions whenever he's nearby or riding me. And he was horrified when she got hurt. He was never so quick to get somewhere."

"Sarah will be fine. I don't think they'd be making this big of a fuss if we'd gotten hurt."  Says Chili snidely. "I agree." says Pepper tossing her mane. "Oh pipe down both of you."  scolds Button. 

"What exactly happened anyway?"  asks Calypso. "Ask him." says Scarlet jerking her head towards Wildfire's stall who conveniently pokes his head out. "He...hello everyone." he says timidly. "Well, aren't you going to tell us what happened?"  asks Calypso. 

Wildfire sighs. "She, this girl, Sarah was lunging me cause I have never a saddle before. She asked Regina if she wanted to help, and when she came over, her phone went off and I freaked. I'm  really sorry, I didn't mean for any of this to happen. "

"Hmph!" snorts Scarlet as she turns around in her stall ignoring everyone. "Don't mind her, she's just upset and this is how she deals with it." says Button. Even though the words are meant for comfort, Wildfire feels anything but comfort. He just hangs his head again, and the barn falls silent. Each horse retreating to the back of their stalls.

Shep looks on with empathy as he watches Wildfire stand there with his head down. "Poor Wildfire." he says. "Don't you mean poor Sarah? If it weren't for Wildfire and Regina, none of this would've happened!" "How can you say that Angora? It was an accident, Wildfire is young and still learning."

"Is Sarah gonna be okay? Is she? I hope so! I really really hope so!" cries the young Teeny.