14 : Spare key

[EDITED CHAPTER- some elements were redacted, nothing new added]

Your best friend had made the three of you ramen , it was absolutely delicious . Eventually , you'd all finished eating . The two teenaged-boys put their coats and shoes on by the door .

"Don't forget your hat , Jojo" you warned , coming up behind him . He tried to take it but you held it back . "I wanna put it on you myself ." He sighed and ducked down , allowing you to place it on his head .

"Thanks" he said simply . He stood back up stright , adjusting it properly .

"No big deal , I'll see you two at school tomorrow ."

You held your arms up to Jotaro and he ducked down a bit and puckered his lips for you to kiss him goodbye . You giggled lightly when you pulled back , realising that Nori had just witnessed the whole thing .

Nori awed at the cuteness . You surprised him and dragged the redhead into a side hug , planting a quick peck on his cheek . Noriaki went cherry red .

****

JOTARO'S POV

As the two teenagers stepped outside the apartment building and began walking , Jotaro gazed lowly . Kakyoin noticed and kindly nudged his arm .

"What's up ?" Kakyoin asked , his cherry earrings swinging in the wind as the boys . "You can talk to me , Jotaro , we're friends after all ."

Jotaro sighed and returned his eyes to the pavement . "I've loved y/n since she joined the school . I only asked her a week ago , but since then , I've felt like something is missing on my part and I can't figure out what it is . Like there's something I feel I need to do . "

"Mm" Kakyoin nodded  . "What I'm hearing is , you want to ask y/n on a date . You two haven't had one yet , or atleast , that I know of , and I would know because y/n is my best friend ."

"So , what do I do ?"

"Ask here on a date ."

"Yare yare , how ?"

"That's up to you . Of course , I can sugges-"

"Actually ," Jotaro interupted . "I know how I'm going to do ask her now . Thanks , Kakyoin ."

****

BACK TO Y/N'S POV

After the boys had left , you slumped down on top of your bed and let your eyes shut .

When you woke , it was already the next morning . Lazily , you slipped off your bed and straightened up your pillows before wandering into your bathroom . You brushed your teeth and then took a warm shower . You put on your uniform and fixed your hair into two low buns .

You made yourself a small cup of cereal for breakfast , you weren't truly hungry . You cleaned your mouth , swung your bag over your shoulder and left your apartment .

"What's the buzz ?" Nori cheered , throwing an arm around your shoulder .

"Jesus , Noriaki . Always scaring me when I least expect it" you sighed .

Fast forward to break , you and Nori found seats in the school canteen and sat down together . The cold season was here and you'd forgoten your coat so you decided to eat around the warmth of the hot dinners being served .

The table the two of you seated yourselves at was near the centre of the hall , you didn't care much because it didn't really matter . Putting your foil-wrapped sandwiches and juice carton on the table , Noriaki took out his bento and the two of you began eating and chatting about random stuff in between mouthfuls .

"So , got any plans for the weekend ?" Noriaki asked , picking up some noodles from his bento box . Taking another bite from your sandwich , you shook your head simply . "Wel I'm going snowboarding with my parents on Saturday" he said with a warm grin .

"Ooh !  Make sure you tell me all about it on monday !"

Nori nodded , slurping some noodles from his chopsticks . "Sure . I'll get you a keychain from one of the gift shops there . Have you ever snow boarded before ?"

"Haha no . By the way , Nori , did you do Sensei's homework for-"

Noriaki then looked up . You turned around too to see that it was Jotaro who'd got Nori's attention . You gulped a little . While Jotaro's incredibly handsome face remained as calm and stoic as ever , the glint in his green ocean eyes told you one thing and one thing only : he was anxious .

"Y/n , please don't be mad at me for doing this right now ..." Jotaro began , sounding a little nervous .

"Um , well I can't really make promises like that , Jojo" you told him gingerly , standing up  . Your heart raced , butterflies raged in your stomach . Neaby students had paused their lunches , turned and were now tuning into the conversation . You tilted your head to the side . "What's going on ?"

Jotaro's eyes dropped to the floor for a second , but they darted back to meet your own . Jojo took each of your hands into his and squeezed them gently , causing your mind to go into overdrive at the gesture , because you were pretty damn sure everyone in the lunch hall was watching and you didn't understand what Jotaro was trying to get at . After staring at your small hands in his big ones for a second , you met his eyes again .

There was a different type of glow to them now .

He immediately spoke up .

"I love you ."