1 : a spare pen

Your name is [f/n] [l/n] : you're in 16 years old , going on 17 in a few months . You moved to Japan about half a year ago at the start of your third year in highschool as a part of a school exchange programme . You were enrolled in the academic year group above the one you're supposed to be in , because of your high grades . Currently , you lived in a nice apartment by yourself ; your parents , who lived back in your home country , sent you money every month to look after yourself .

One tuesday morning, you sat up and stretched in your bed , the friendly sunshine peering through your curtains , before taking a shower and putting on your uniform . You made yourself a quick easy breakfast , fixed your hair and grabbed your school bag before heading out .

While you were walking , you reached in your bag and took out your timetable to check what lessons you had : science and English language . You rolled your eyes as you stuffed the paper back inside your bag and continued walking . Soon , like every morning , you heard squeals coming from not far away .

You kept your head faced forwards and started walking a bit faster . Taking this route to school 5 days a week meant that you were used to hearing the annoying voices of school girls - more like , fan girls- chatting to the school's well-known Jotaro Kujo . You had never spoken to him before , he was way too intimidating to approach anyways , but based on what you heard around the school - scary . Bad . Deliquent . That was enough warning for you to keep your sweet distance .

"Jojo !"

"Good morning Jojo !"

"Hi Jojo !"

"What's up Jojo !"

"Hey Jojo !"

Just as you were three or four metres away from the group , you heard him angrily yell at his unwanted entourage of girls :

"Shut up ! You're all damn annoying !"

****

You had gotten to your science classroom early , so you sat down , took out your books and stationery and began reading over your notes from the previous lesson .

Soon , the loud chiming of the school bell rang throughout the building and your classmates began entering the room , followed closely behind by your teacher . Jotaro was also in your science class . Not that you cared , because he sat on the other side of the room .

Half an hour after your teacher had began teaching , the classroom door was slid open , creating a thud that stole the attention of evryone in the room , even you . Your teacher looked at the door and frowned deeply at Jotaro .

"Sit down quickly , you're disrupting the lesson ."

The tall student glared down angrily at a student that had taken his usual seat for a frightening 3 seconds before scanning the room for an unoccupied desk , the only one being next to you . You kept your face forward , not daring to make eye contact with the giant of a man .

You felt a poke on your shoulder and slowly turned your head to your right .

"Got a spare pen ?" he asked briefly , piercing you with his sharp green eyes . You nodded and quickly fiddled in your pencil-case and held out a pen . Jotaro took it and immediately started writing in his notebook . You didn't even care that he didn't say thank you , you simply continued with your work until the lesson was finally over .

Eventually , the class was over . You were okay at science but you often found calculations a bit difficult to grasp . Your best friend was good at them but unfortunately , you two were in different science classes .

"Here's your pen" Jotaro mumbled as you began packing your belongings into your bag , his eyes shadowed by the front of his hat .

"Keep it , you'll need it" you told him , not turning to look at him .

"y/n ! hurry up , idiot !" you heard from the door . You smiled . Your best friend Noriaki Kakyoin was waiting for you by the door since you both had an English Language class next .

"Don't leave me !" you called out .

Quickly pulling the handles of your schoolbag over your shoulders , you ran to join company with your favourite cherry noodle brainiac friend in the world , leaving the tall delinquent stood next to your desk .

****

After your second lesson , it was officially school lunchtime . You and Noriaki sat together at a wooden bench-table in the courtyard . You took out a foil-wrapped sandwich you'd prepared the night before ; your best friend took out his bento .

"y/n , I saw you talking to Jotaro ."

You shrugged lightly . "He was giving me back my pen and I told him not to worry about it ."

Noriaki blinked at you as if you'd told him a mega-astonishing story . "You let Jotaro borrow your pen ?" he asked shocked , in the middle of half a mouthful . "And keep it ?"

"I mean , it's not like he had another one or he wouldn't have borrowed mine ."

Noriaki nodded . "That is true, I suppose . I can't blame you , you've got the biggest heart ever . I could never ."

You giggled , and the two of you continued eating .