Nova & Devonte

"Devonte please quit!" My best friend was doing way to much right now, yelling and shit. Devonte was saying the same shit he always tells me. Do I care? No, no I don't.

"Nah bruh, why do you always have to be disrespectful to Lori? It's fucking annoying

"Nah bruh, why do you always have to be disrespectful to Lori? It's fucking annoying." Devonte said while he gave me a mean ass glare. Which was hurting my feelings slightly, I hated when we argued. Devonte is my right hand man, I could call him for anything and he'll be there in a heartbeat, I don't know what I would do without him.

"Because I don't like her, that's why." I said truthfully, ever since Devonte got with Lori he's been distant with me. He's been missing my calls, turning down our hangouts and not to mention he missed my birthday party this weekend. I was livid, you're my best friend how could you miss something like that? Devonte and I had been connected to the hip ever since the third grade. I damn near cried when I got back home that night after my party.

He sucked his teeth. "Why every bitch I'm with you have a problem with it?"

"That's not even the case." I stressed he was making me upset because he didn't understand where I was coming from.

"You don't talk to me anymore, why is that?" I asked.

"You trippin' gang." He sucked his teeth again.

"Every time  you get into a relationship you always leave me behind. Like I'm not shit and I'm getting tired of it!" I stood to my feet since I was seated on his leather couch.

"You know what, I'm done talking to your ass. If you can't be my best friend and accept the fact Lori is going to be in my life then I don't know about us." He mumbled under his breath while he walked into the kitchen. Devonte just disregarded everything I just said.

Once I heard "I don't know about us" I instantly followed behind him into the kitchen.

"What did you just say to me?" I asked, at this point my feelings were hurt. I didn't do shit to this man, I only asked for more of his presence. I understand you have a girlfriend but don't forget about me. After this girl breaks your heart whose going to be there to pick up all the pieces? Me! It's been a repeated cycle ever since high school. Devonte doesn't give me enough credit and it shows very clearly.

"You heard what I said Nova." He shrugged opening the refrigerator door as if what he just said wasn't disrespectful.

"So you would pick your bitch over me?" I asked, I wanted to make sure I was hearing him correctly.

Devonte was quiet.

"Oh you can't speak bitch?" The word slipped from my mouth, I didn't mean to say it. Devonte hates the word.