11. Crying in his arms

Erica

I was doing a tattoo to my last client today, it was monday by now.
My mind has been a mess for the past two days, I don't know why, but it just has been. I was always thinking about him. Aleksi. That man has confused my brain, he has that effect. We are friends, and that's all, and it kinda makes me sad or something? I don't know. He's just perfect in every way, and I feel like I can be fully myself with him. I'm not insecure around him, I can say my opinion without being scared that does he hate me after it.
He's too good to be true.

"Thank you for the tattoo, you're really nice person to talk with. I will definitely come back." My client smiled to me and I thanked her, then she left.
I sat down behind the counter and scrolled my phone for a minute. Aleksi has posted a new picture to instagram, a smile appeared to my face immediately. I liked the picture and I commented a heart emoji.
"What makes you smile like that?" Verneri asked behind me, and I closed my phone quickly.
"Oh nothing." I said and he walked past the counter to the other side.
Then I saw a familiar looking man walking closer to the studio, it was dark outside.
He opened the door and walked in, that smile came back again.
"Hi you, what's up?" I stood up as he walked closer, he smiled too.
"Came here to look if you would be done by today." He said and we hugged. That suprised me a little, that hug, but I didn't mind. It felt comfortable and safe.

"I am, did you walk here from the studio?" I asked and he nodded.
"Yeah, Joel picked me up today to work so you kinda need to take me home from here." He smirked and I chuckled a little.
Verneri were scrolling his phone further away in his working place. He coughed and at the same time he said quietly "Taxis are available." I looked at him for a second, he looked pissed.
I didn't pay any attention to him, and we talked with Aleksi about what he did today at the studio.
"But yeah, let's go." I said when I had put my jacket on and we started to walk to the door.
"Erica.." Verneri started and I stopped. But then Aleksi opened his mouth.
"Should we go to eat?" He asked and I looked at him smiling.
"That's more than fine. Verneri did you have something so say?" I then turned to look him, but he just shook his head. I nodded and we continued walking to my car.

"Where do you want to go to eat?" I asked when I started the car.
"Here is near a restaurant, it's a bit expensive but there is really good food and there can be in peace. I will of course pay." He smiled and I looked at him for a second, shocked.
"What? I will pay my food, don't worry about it." I chuckled nervously, but Aleksi didn't give up.
"No. I will pay, and don't argue with me about it." He smirked and I sighed.
I nodded lightly.
"Good." He smiled.

We arrived to the restaurant and the waitress lead us to our table. It was a booth in some corner, and it was just perfect place.
We got our menus and looked for foods, and wines of course.
We ordered our foods and then got white wine, it was the exact same what we drank that one day.
"This feels very romantic." I chuckled and Aleksi did too.
"Maybe it's meant to be." He said and took the first sip of the wine. I started blushing, hopefully he doesn't see it. It took me a minute to take the first sip, I tried so hard not to smile or grin or anything. That what he just said.
Is this a secret date from him? I don't know, but all I see is cute couples, young and old.
Do we belong here, two friends?
"We are going to drink with boys at friday, would you like to come with us? Olli and Tommi are coming from Oulu to visit." He suggested.
"Sounds nice, the last time when we were drinking with Olli and Joel.. god that was fun." I smiled and he smiled too.

"And now the whole gang is going to be together, it's going to be a lot more fun. Maybe two guys from crew are coming too." He said and I nodded. Can't wait for that day.
For a little more waiting we got our foods, and we started to eat. The food was so good, and we barely talked because we both enjoyed our foods.
And wine.

"That was so good.. thank you for taking me here." I smiled to Aleksi while the waitress took our dishes.
"Of course. You need to get to known this city and the best restaurants, next week same thing?" He asked as he took a sip of his wine.
I think I blushed again. How that man has such a big affect to me?
"It would be nice.." I smiled.
Aleksi paid the bill and we left the place, it was dark and cold outside. We walked to my car and I started to drive.

For the whole journey to home I just tried to focus on the road. I stopped behind the red lights, Aleksi texted to someone and I turned my head a little to look at him. The lights of the streets lightened this car a bit, otherwise it was dark. Then he stopped texting and closed his phone. After that he turned his head to look at me, he smiled. I smiled too and quickly turned my head back to road, and just in time the red lights changed to green.
"Do you need a ride to work tomorrow? I could also pick you up." Aleksi suddenly broke the silence.
"If you want to." I said.
"It is then agreed." He smiled as I quickly looked him.

We stepped to the elevator, and Aleksi pressed the button to third floor.
"I really had a good time today, I'm glad to have you in my life." I decided to say. He looked at me smiling while he leaned against the wall.
Then we were silent, just staring each other. Until the elevator stopped and the doors opened, we walked out. I was holding my keys, and played with them.
"Good night Erica." Aleksi said, opening his door. I could hear Rilla barking happily.
"Good night." I smiled to him and opened my door too.

I was trying to get some sleep, but I was just rolling on my bed side to side. I quickly looked the clock, it was almost 1am. I was feeling really.. sad? I wanted to cry, and I almost did.
I felt weak, useless and.. just sad about everything. This happens often, but never has been happened at the middle of the night. A few tear drops runned down on my face. I wanted to cry out loud, so much that I wouldn't cry in a while.
But I couldn't do it.
So I texted Aleksi, I knew that he's an nightowl and works late sometimes.
"Are you awake..?" I texted him, I couldn't see much because of all the tears, and I was so tired that my eyes barely stayed open. But still I couldn't get any sleep. At least Ville slept next to me.
It didn't take long for him to answer.

"I am, is everything okay?" He texted back.
"I can't sleep." I texted, and I tried to catch my breath and try not to cry.
He didn't answer me, and it made me anxious.
Until I heard a knock on my front door. I got up from the bed, only wearing an oversized shirt and panties, and my hair was messy.
I opened the door, Aleksi stood there. He looked tired too.
"Would it help if I sleep next to you..?" He shyly asked, almost whispering. I nodded lightly and he came in and closed the door behind him.
I lead us to my bedroom, Ville woke up and run away from the room.
I crawled under the covers and Aleksi did the same.
He wrapped his right arm around my body, and I snuggled closer to him, slow and carefully. We haven't been this close, it felt kinda weird, but still good.

I placed my right arm to his chest, and my head rested on chest too. I closed my eyes, they felt so heavy already. Aleksi drove circles with his finger to my arm, it calmed me down. I still wanted to cry, and tears fell again from my eyes.
I focused on his breath, chest going up and down slowly and peacefully. I felt that I was safe.
"I promise that everything will be okay again." He whispered. That made me almost cry even more. No one has ever been this caring towards me.
Soon I felt asleep, in Aleksi's arms. There is no place where I would want to be right now, than here.