new beggnings.

Peetas POV. 

katniss isnt feeling great, 

again. 

shes been getting a lot of fatiuge and has obviously been puking, its concerning me ovbiously and same with haymitch, Effie is too busy dealing with the games. even though not much has happened since rae died this morning, raes body was transported back to district 12 but i found out later he had no family to mourn his death.

still don't feel bad for him though.

from what ive seen safiya is confused by what happened earlier, a guy who im guessing she didn't really like just declared his undying love for her and now hes dead?, to be honest here i would be confused too. I mean at least when i said i loved katniss i didn't say it while i was clearly dying. 

the other mentors are more focused on the remaining carers and their choices now, they have let in a tribute from district 7 named cai, im not sure exactly why they let her in because nothing seems sectaclur about cai, but since her mentor is Jhoanna mason she could be playing the innocent act. 

another tribute from district 9 died this afternoon from one of the carers stabbing a knife into their chest after the district 9 tribute tried to steal some food from the carers. 

i walk to me and katniss's bedroom and lay next to katniss on the floor, "hey kat" i say she looks up at me. i pull something out of my pocket that i bought earlier.

I hand it too her and looks at me puzzled. "its a pregnancy test" I say. "Well, haymitch told me to get you one since you apparently have all the symptoms and plus by now my sperm would've reached your-" she throws a pillow at my face making me stop. she runs to the bathroom.

katniss's pov.

waiting.

waiting.

waiting

damn it how long does this thing take.

I chuck it at the wall but slowly pick it up afterwards realizing i might've damaged it.

I look at it seeing two lines forming on the test. 

wait does this mean im not pregnant or pregnant?

i think, "hey peeta?" i call out. "yes?" he asks. "can you come in here for a second." i ask tilting the test trying to figure out the technology to this piece of plastic. he comes running in with a worried expression on his face. "what does this mean?'' i ask him  shoving the pregnacy test in his face. he takes it from his face and im guessing he sees the two lines, because his face turns from worried to happiness. ¨katniss this means you're pregnant¨ he says handing me back the test. 

¨aw hell nah" I say throwing the test in the garbage. thinking if i don't have to see it, it wont exist. ¨so shes pregnant?¨ haymitch says leaning against the door frame of the bathroom. ¨how long have you been here?¨ peeta asks out of curriosty. ¨ever since i heard little miss girl on fire say aw hell nah¨

peeta nods his head indicating i am infact pregnant. 

haymitch smirks and pats peeta on the back, ¨good job kid, sorry to break this bueatiful moment between you gys, i orignally came in here to bring you guys down to the screening where all the mentors get to know ecother and hang out and since you guys are the newbies and all anybody has been talking about this will be a treat for both of you.¨ Haymitch says walking out the door. i walk out the door and put something casual on and same goes for Peeta. we walk hand in had down the elovator escaping effie knowing nobody else will be with an escort. we take effies advice 

chins up

smiles on 

I scrunch up my face trying to get the best capitol smile. once the elovator doors open i can feel everyones eyes on me and peeta, only a couple people i recognize from previous games, like finnick odair who is the capitols sweetheart and the current youngest to win the games, Annie cresta who is sitting beside finnick is a girl who went mad after witnissing her fellow district partner beheaded, she won her games because being from district 4 she could swim and the whole arena flooded. Joanna mason who ive talked about numerous times.

chaff a guy who i usauuly see sharing a drink with haymitch each year, the rest of the tributes look pretty freakish, the district 6 tributes look as if they are high on something, most of them are old, one I dont even reconize but ive heard her name is maggs, is problbly the oldest one their. 

¨Hello katniss¨ finnick says ploping a sugar cube in his mouth and walking towards me, ¨Hi their finnick.¨ I say rolling my eyes. 

hes not wearing a shirt for some reason i dont even know how security let him past the doors without a shirt on but that is another story for another day. ¨what do you want¨ i ask him looking at his abs

damn that guy is fit.

¨well i just wanted to say it looks like you haven't bought any new pretty girl dresses with all that money of yours, what happened to those dresses anyways?¨ he asks. ¨i outgrew them¨ i say walking towards the couch trying to get away from him. ¨oh but you could buy anything you want,jewls, makeup anything you would ever want! you're rich now.¨ he says laughing, ¨well i dont like jewls and i already have enough money that i need, what did you do with all your money anyways?¨ i ask. ¨oh, i havent done anything as common as money in years.¨ he says smiling. ¨well then, how do people pay for the pleasure of you're company?" i sarcasticly smile back at him. 

he leans forward to me uncomfortably close, ¨secreats¨ he says,¨what about you and bread boy any secreats worth my time?¨i gulp down he lump in my throat. i shake my head. ¨im an open book everyone knows my secreats before i even know them¨ i laugh to myself. ¨unfourntly i think thats correct¨ he says putting another sugar cube in his mouth.

what is up with him and sugar cubes?

he walks back to annie and hugs her from behind, what is he doing with that girl anyways?, is he seriously toying with her feelings after all she has been through?, this boy i tell you.

he is so cocky just because he is the darling of the capitol.  anyways, i sit down beside mags because she looks sweet, we watch the games for a little bit but nothing seems intresting.

until cai finds safiya.

A/N

WHY DI DTHIS CHAPTER TAKE FOREVER-

FHDFHJFHWN ive been working on it for like a month now and im like writing chapter 14 of this book- 

ik some people are shiping cai and saf but let me clarify some things

SAF IS OMNISEXUAL (with a prefrence for nonbinarys)

and cai is a lesbian

rae is a homophobic straight cis boi

anyways just to clear stuff up yk. also if anyone remebers anouk HE MAY OR MAY NOT MAKE AN APPERNCE IN THE BOOK

also not to make anyone dissapointed but none o the main charcters you see in this book survive-

anyways peace out

dont forget to comment and vote!

-theo