Getting There

(Pic of Austin)

NEVAEH'S POV

My feet were aching when I woke up this morning! After the beach yesterday, I had spent all day running around splashing in water with Katie and Jessie that now I was paying for it. I didn't feel like getting up and going downstairs to get breakfast, so I called the one I knew would make me breakfast and deliver it to me.

One ring. Two rings. 3 rin- "Arghh it's 7:30 am, what do you want?" How respectful. "Hello to you too sleepy head. Asherrr, will you please make me breakfast and bring it to me? Pretty please with a cherry on top?" I said, giving my best sad and innocent voice. "No. Go make it yourself. I'm tired." he sleepily said. If I had to get up and crawl next door and jump on his bed, then I would. "Then I guess I'm just gonna have to come in there and jump on your bed to get you up!" I said determined. "Sure you will. Go back to sleep. Buh-bye now." No he didn't. Okay, I'm going in there. I lazily crawled out of bed, literally. I wasn't joking when I said I'd CRAWL.

I heard, Asher's loud snores filing the room when I nudged the door open with my head. Instead of jumping on his bed, I came up with a better idea. I'm gonna scare him awake. Silently crawling to his dressers, I opened one that had teenage things in it, as the label said taped to the dresser. I pulled out a huge black shirt and quickly slid it over my head. Grabbing a zombie mask and a feather, I put the mask on and crawled over to his bed. I prepared myself to jump. 1.......2......3 "BOO!" I almost pissed in my pants. Asher just scared the living daylight out of me! He was awake? "I heard you open the door, and you weren't exactly quiet while rummaging through my dresser. You look so adorable!" he laughed in my face. I sat there pouting, seeing my plan didn't go so well. "Aww I'm sowwy little vaeh. You want mwe to make yous some bweakfast?" he said adding a w to everything.

I lightened up by then. "Yes, little vaeh does, you jerk." I said. He just laughed and pulled me to my feet. Noooo, why? There's a reason I crawled in here. I quickly yanked my hand back and took off running to my room, when Asher tackled me. Not too hard, though. I squirmed underneath him until we both went tumbling down the staircase, Asher's huge body falling on top of mines. I started kicking and trying o escape when he looked down at me. It went silent. He was smiling at me. Not just any smile, but his award winning smile. The deep dimple in his cheek making it even harder to look at him. I tried to look away, but was stuck. I didn't want to ever move from this position. But, he would never see me and look at me the way that I do.

***********************
ASHER'S POV

As we fell down the staircase, I was on to of Vaeh as she squirmed underneath me trying to get away. When she stopped, I knew that she knew I was staring at her. I just couldn't look away. She was in fact beautiful. I don't know how long we stayed like this, but I knew I didn't want to move. I know she would never feel the same way for me as I do for her. Man, what is she doing to me?

****************************

NEVAEH'S POV

Once Asher and I finally got up, we acted as if everything was normal. I'm starting to get this weird feeling that Asher might just like me to. Crazy, right? He'd never want me. He's hot, I'm not. He's popular, and I only have 2 friends so far. Whatever, I don't wanna think about it.

What am I gonna do today? "What are we gonna do today?" I asked Asher. "Well, we could shower together. Yunno, save water." he casually said. Was he serious? I blushed a bright red color. "I'm just kidding, vaeh." he quickly covered it up. I like that nickname he's given me. Vaeh. "One of my close friends is having a party tonight. Every junior from the school will be there. Come with me? It'd give me bonus points to walk in with a hot girl on my arms." he said, laughing. He's gonna kill me. "Oh shut up. I'd love to come. But, I'm inviting Katie. I already know Jessie can't come. She said something about a project or something." I simply stated, not even bothering to ask. "Okay, that's fine. I'm gonna go help set up in an hour. Tell your Katie friend to meet you here. I'll pick you both up at 8pm." Asher said. "Okay, sounds good." "Good. Now, let's go make that breakfast of yours that you wanted."

*****************************
It's 6:45pm, and Katie just arrived to help me get ready for the party. She was curling my hair and doing my makeup whenever she said, "So, what's up with you and Mr. Hottie Asher?" What is she talking about? "What are you talking about?" "Oh, don't play dumb. You know exactly what I'm talking about. When I'm around, he's always stealing quick glances at you, or staring." She said. "Yeah whatever. Let's change the subject." I said, dismissing the convo before it went further. She finished my hair and make up as I put on my short knee-length black and gold maxi dress with some black and gold pumps. I gotta say, I do look hot. Thanks to Katie.

**Few Hours after arriving at party**

I sat down on the soft grass next to Asher, who looked like he wasn't enjoying himself. "What's wrong stud?" I said, chuckling. He looked sad. "Nothing." he muttered. "Come on, tell me." I begged. "My ex is here with my best friend whom she cheated on me with. They are dancing and having a good time, like they didn't just hurt me." he said, his voice cracking as he pointed over to a blonde haired girl dancing upon week I guess is chase. "Asher, you should be having some fun for you. We all go through bad break ups, but those are lessons to be learned. She definitely doesn't deserve you. She was blind to what kind of guy you are. Funny, smart, sweet, intelligent and fucking hot. She's ugly anyways." I said as he started laughing. "See, I need to see laughing, not sulking." I said laughing. Then there goes the staring. I put my head down, only for it to be pulled back up to look Asher. He held this look of love in his eyes. Love for me possibly? I was suddenly pulled out of my thoughts as Asher crashed his lips to mines, giving me the answer to all of my questions.

--------------------------------------------------
Heeey guys.
I know this chapter was longer then the first 5, but there's so much information, plot twisters, and love scenes that's goes with the chapters.

It's getting a little interesting ;)
Just wait until you read what's next.... (that was a hint, haha. but seriously. It was. I'd be scared if I were you :) )

Til next time my little ducklings!