The Dawn of a New Ally

((Max's POV))

I groaned in frustration, "This is a dead end! She has to be at the castle. Where else would he take her?"

"We don't know that Max, he might know now that you know a way into the castle that he doesn't know of by now." Jax said.

I gritted my teeth, "So what do we do then?" I snapped turning to face him and Jay.

"Well..." he trailed off looking at Jay.

"We could talk to the Dawnguard." Jay said.

"Are you insane? After what happened they'd sooner kill me than help me look for Serana." I said.

"Well, not if you tell them what we learned. They don't know that Serana is needed to block out the sun. Hell I doubt they even know Harkon plans to block out the sun."  Jay countered

"And the additional bodies that Isran has can help us find her and Harkon faster." Jax added.

I looked down in thought, That's all true... and I can talk to the Brotherhood and The Companions... this is large enough for both of them to be affected.

"Fine  okay... after that though, we need to go to The Companions and The Dark Brotherhood. This is all large enough to affect them. They can and will help." I said.

"What makes you so sure?" Jax asked.

"The Dark Brotherhood are assassins, they'll do anything if paid enough or if I say it's urgent enough. I'm the leader after all. The Companions have a circle of Werewolves. Not all of them hate vampires, some do, but either way they do know how much of a threat they can be. They will help." I said.

Jax and Jay just stared at me,

"How many connections do you have?" Jay asked.

"I have connections with everyone Jay. The Brotherhood, The Companions, The Thieves Guild, and most the Jarls. Especially Jarl Balgruuf." I said, "As well as Odahviing, The Grey Beards and The Blades."

They stared at me in shock, "Holy shit sis. Can't we use all of them?" Jax asked.

"We would if we had time but the more time we waste the more time he has to hurt Serana." I said.

"So who do we go to first? Who's the largest group?" Jay asked.

I sighed and tapped my foot uncomfortably, "The Dawnguard..."

We all sighed knowing this was going to be very dangerous and very uncomfortable.

"Alright... let's do it. And get it out of the way. Hopefully Isran won't kill us on sight. Otherwise he just lost his only means of finding Auriel's Bow and finishing this war." I said.

They both nodded and we headed out and to Dawnguard.

---

"Ready for this?" Jax asked me as we stood outside the entrance to Dayspring Canyon.

"No... but we don't have a choice." I said and walked forward, Jax and Jay behind me.

Soon we were at the gates of Dawnguard, swords and crossbows on us.

"Stop right there mutt." A soldier sneered.

"Really are the insults necessary? Because if that's where we're going I can take my information about what the vampires plan to do with the sun and how to stop it and leave." I said a small smirk playing on my lips as my eyes turned a light shade of orange.

This was enough to make them falter and look at each other with indecisively.

"What did you just say?" Said a familiar gravelly voice.