By Your Side

Brandons pov

as i walked back into the living room i noticed callie wasnt there.

Brandon: wheres callie?

Jude: oh shes in the kitchen.

Brandon: thanks bud. jude just smilied

i walked into the kitchen to see callie reading. i walked up behind her and hugged her around her waist.

Callie: hey. she said as she smiled.

Brandon: i kissed her cheek. hey, take a drive with me?

Callie: sure, but where to?

Brandon: the beach.

Callie: okay, let me just get my shoes on.

Brandon: okay. i said as i let go. i will just go start up the car. we both went our own ways.

Callies pov

on our way to the beach we were both quiet, even though i knew what he was probably going to tell me i felt like he should tell me without me attacking him. when we finally pulled into the parking lot brandon got out and opened up my door. we were walking hand in hand along the ocean, it was gorgeous, but i couldnt take it anymore.

Callie: i let go of his hand and faced him. brandon what did you want to talk to me about?

Brandon: how did you know i wanted to talk? i just gave him a look. okay, um well, i kinda dropped out of college to go to find you in New York, but now your here and we are together and i have no idea what the hell i am going to do. he said really fast but i already knew.

Callie: i know.

Brandon: how?

Callie: i overheard you and jesus, i am so sorry, i didnt mean to i was just in the kitchen and ya. but brandon they are going to blame me, what were you thinking, i mean why would you do this, you couldve just called?!

Brandon: i did it because i love you and i hated the things i said to you, it was a while but always regreted it.

Callie: its very romantic, but brandon, stef and lena are going to blame me they are going to think that i put you up to it.

Brandon: why do you care what they think?! everything i have ever done was for you callie!

Callie: god brandon i know and i do appreciate it i really do. but there were better ways to do it.

brandon just sighed, he was frustrated, i was frustrated, i hate when we argue. he started walking away.

Callie: brandon wait. brandon! brandon! i started running after him.

Brandons pov

i walked away, i just needed to breathe. i heard her calling after me but when she stopped calling my name i looked back to see if she headed back to the car. when i turned around i was instantly tackled by callie started grunting. when i refocus i move her hair out of her face and after a few moments of just looking at each other, she is in my embrace and i am kissing her and she is kissing me.

Callie: she pulled away. brandon? she says as she sits up and i take this as i sign as i should too. i love you, and no matter what happens i will be by your side. i put my hand on hers and take a deep breathe.

Brandon: i love you more than anyone will ever know, but you need to know that none of this is your fault.

Callie: i know, but you need to tell them no matter what, and i will be there right next to you no matter what.

we just smile at each other, and start to walk back to the car. when we get back home callie and i walk up to the door hand in hand but before we enter she stops me and looks at me.

Callie: i am right here, okay? i just nod and open the door.

Stefs pov

when i heard the door open i looked over and saw brandon and callie.

Stef: hey loves, how was the beach?

Callie: it was good. she said half smiling and looked up to brandon.

Brandon: moms i need to talk to, its important.

Lena: is everything okay? they both just stayed quiet.

Stef: umm kids why dont you guys go upstairs. when everyone was gone i looked back at brandon and callie. whats going on you guys.

Brandon: i kinda of dropped out of college to go find callie, but now shes here so i dont know whats going to happen.

Stef: you what?! how could you brandon? you worked so hard and then you just drop it likes its a peice of pointless paper?!

Lena: stef calm down. she said as she put her hand on my back. brandon why dont you give me and mom sometime to talk and wrap our heads around this and then the three of us will talk.

Brandon: and callie.

Stef: no, i think callie has had enough input. i look over and see callie with tears building in her eyes.

Brandons pov

i look over and see callie on the verge of crying, this is what she was worried about, so much pain goes through me, i hate when she cries.

Brandon: are you okay?

Callie: yeah, im just gonna go for a walk. she says with a tear streaming down her face and a shakey voice.

Callies pov

i walked out of the house and started walking, i started to burst into tears. i sat down on a curb and just cried into my hands.