The Fanbase in General

I don't have a problem with the characters themselves, it's the fans that I can't stand. They turned Jack Frost into a playboy who'll sleep with every girl he enounters. He's basically paired with every female character you could think of -from Rapunzel, Merida, Elsa, and Mavis. Those are the three girls he's paired with the most. He's shipped with Mavis but Javis (Jack Frost and Mavis) isn't as popular as the other three. Every time I read a fanfiction with him, there's always kissing and sex involved. I have no issues with sex, but does Jack have to fuck everyone? Can't there be a fanfiction where he's on an adventure instead of making out with a girl? I like the idea of the Big Four hanging out and having fun without the shipping. I wanna read a fan fiction where they team up and defeat the bad guys.

In fact, I see all four of them as friends who might get along and bicker ocassionally. Other people find the Big Four annoying because it's nothing but a shipping fandom. Everyone is paired with everybody. From Jackunzel to Mericcup, Jarida, Hiccunzel, HiJack, and even Meripunzel. I might've liked HiJack but I grew out of my yaoi phase. I don't care about same-sex couples but Jack and Hiccup are only paired because of their looks. Meripunzel, on the other hand, I'm indifferent to. Nothing against girl-on-girl but it's not my thing. Merida will find Rapunzel annoying and they aren't gonna get along due to personality clashing.

The Big Four was harmless at first and most people didn't mind. However, as time passed by, people realized that it's all about shipping. They're everywhere: from fan made videos on YouTube to fan pages on Facebook, and Tumblr. There's plenty of Big Four fan art on DeviantArt to the point that they're clogging up the site. Brave fans couldn't find a single fan art of Merida without her being lumped with the other three. There aren't a lot of pictures where they're are separated from each other. The four characters -Jack Frost, Hiccup, Merida, and Rapunzel- are all shipped with one another. Jarida and Hiccunzel are underrated compared to Jackunzel and Mericcup -the two most popular ships in the fandom. This has got to be the most overrated crossover. No other crossover is as popular as this one. That's why those who aren't part of the fandom got sick of it. There must be sane Big Four fans out there and I'm one of them. I'm one of those fans who doesn't ship any of the characters with each other. I followed a blog called bigfourconfessions on Tumblr and even some Big Four fans admit that they just want to see their favorite characters go on a quest without shipping any of them.

Fans demand that Disney and Dreamworks team up and make this Rise of the Brave Tangled Dragons movie into a reality. This is a disaster waiting to happen because the results are chaotic. If Jack ends up with Rapunzel, Eugenzel fans are going to be pissed along with Jelsa fans but Jackunzel fans will be happy since their favorite couple gets together. Same goes for Mericcup. I know some of you might say, "It isn't canon and it's not related to the four movies." The only way this movie is going to work is if nobody ends up with anyone. That means no Jackunzel, Mericcup, Hiccunzel, Jarida, HiJack, and Meripunzel -and if they add Frozen characters in there, they better not have Jack and Elsa get into a romantic relationship. Knowing Disney, they're gonna add Frozen. If Jack and Elsa get together by the end of the film, it'll make Jackunzel fans angry and it's unfair to them. The movie should be about the team learning from one another and saving the world from evil. There shouldn't be a romantic subplot, PERIOD. Not everything has to be about romance. I'm a Big Four fan but let's be realistic here, it's impossible for a Big Four movie to exist and I never asked for one because I know it's never gonna happen.

These fans made some petitions online and gathered some signatures from fellow fans. You've got to be kidding me. This is ridiculous because even if they did get the right amount of signatures, the two companies aren't gonna listen. Let's say the movie was made and it's not canon, it's still gonna flop. The storyline would be convoluted as hell, leaving fans confused. How would they meet? How are you gonna be able to pull this off? It never occurred to these fans that making a crossover movie is hard. Making a 10 second clip takes too much work, what more if it's a 1 hour movie? There's legal disputes to deal with because of copyright issues. Disney Pixar and Dreamworks have different animation style so the result is going to look ridiculous. Tangled and Brave are made by the same company but Brave is Disney Pixar while Tangled is pure Disney. Their artwork are completely different so how are you going to make that work?

There's a thing called fanfiction and you can write about your favorite ship instead of asking for a film. Why would you want a movie in the first place? The fandom is enough for me and I'm happy that fans support their favorite ships. Also, there are plenty of fan made movies and music videos on YouTube with clips from their movies put together. I'm content with that and so should you.

What I hate most about this fandom is that they ignore and/or demonize the canon love interests. Eugene and Astrid gets in the way of Jack/Rapunzel and Hiccup/Merida. Another thing that pisses me off is that other characters aren't allowed to join the Big Four but they add Elsa and Anna. Look, I get that it's called 'The Big Four' for a reason, but I'd think the four would befriend others outside of their circle. Otherwise, you're limiting their social circle. Why don't you don't want to add other characters in the Big Four? Why can't Mavis be a part of the group? She could be of help since she's a vampire. You're making them sound like snobs who wouldn't talk to anyone who isn't a part of their team. This goes to show that it's all about shipping. I'm surprised that they didn't include characters from Big Hero 6. That movie is pretty popular and there's already fans shipping the characters with characters from other movies. Everyone is free to ship whoever they want to but you need to stop fighting over it. It's annoying and what are you gonna gain out of it? Please, don't leave their love interests and characters out because Tooth, Eugene, Astrid, and Elinor deserves more love from the fanbase. It's not fair that they're always ignored by the fans.

If people got mad over this rant, I don't care. I'm going to offend someone anyways so what does it matter? If you can't handle it, then don't this read this rant. Nobody's forcing you to.

I didn't make a page for Hiccunzel, Hiccelsa, Janna, and HiJack fans because their fanbase isn't as bad as the more popular ships are. There aren't a lot of Hiccunzel fans and personally, I've never met anyone who ships Rapunzel with Hiccup. I'm sure there's Hiccunzel fans out there who supports this pairing but Rapunzel is mostly paired with Jack while Hiccup is always paired with Merida. Janna (Jack Frost and Anna) isn't as popular as Jelsa fans like Kristanna (Kristoff and Anna) more.