Chapter 16.

Chapter 16.

**8 months later**

I tugged at the laces of my black doc martens before standing up and climbing onto the bus. I scanned my ticket and sat in a vacant seat near the window.

A lot has changed in the past 8 months. I'm now 18 and I live on my own in the middle of Sydney. I work as a waitress at a nearby diner. It was the only place who was willing to let me work there, even when I said I'd work on minimum wage. It's just enough to cover the rent and groceries. As for 5sos? I haven't heard from them since the concert 8 months ago, I guess changing my number really worked. I moved schools choosing one that was across town so I'd never have to face them again. I'm such a coward.

But I have Jules so everything's fine. Jules was the first person who I met at my new school and since then we've become really close. I told her everything that happened and she understood why I did what I did. She still can't believe I was best friends with 5 seconds of summer though.

I got off the bus and crossed the all to familiar road to my parents house. Every Thursday night we'd all get together and have a family dinner. Seeings as Jack's off at Uni and I'm living it up in the city, our parents thought it was necessary to still see each other at least once a week. I come visit on the weekend as well because, lets face it, the city can only be fun for so long. You can only visit the same shops so many times before it becomes a chore.

"Anyone home?" I asked making my way through the empty halls "Mum? Dad? Jack?"

There was no answer so I kept walking towards the kitchen. I felt my blood run cold and I froze in my tracks as I saw the last person I wanted to see.

"What's he doing here?" I asked emphasizing 'he'.

"Kelsey?" He asked like he couldn't believe his eyes.

I sent him my best death glare and turned to face my parents who looked appalled at my behavior. They could have warned me! They knew what had happened! They knew that I didn't want to see him, all they had to do was tell me he was coming and I wouldn't have shown and saved this all drama show.

"I'll ask again, what's he doing here!?"

"I invited Calum and the rest of the band over to dinner. They just returned from a big tour and I thought it'd be a nice way to catch up"

"Your kidding?" I laughed dryly "were you even listening to my whole speech as to why I got all the new clothes and why I actually wanted to move schools! Do you not get what happened?"

"Kelsey! Long time no see!" Yelled Michael coming towards me. He stopped when he felt the tension in the room.

"Maybe I'm overrating but I'm not letting myself be treated like that ever again. If that means shutting everyone out so be it"

"Kelsey wait!" Tried Luke.

"What now Luke? Are you here to do Calum's dirty work for him again?"

"Kelsey!" Cried my mum.

"Yes mother?" I asked sweetly only annoying her more.

"Stop being so rude to them! One of them made one mistake and you've refused to speak to them for months"

"You just vanished" replied Calum sadly.

I sighed pinching the middle of my nose "I'm sorry for disappearing and I'm sorry for blowing up but I can't do this. My life is finally where I want it to be"

"Yeah because working at a diner which is about to go bankrupt is living the dream" smirked Jack.

"You don't live here anymore?" Ashton asked.