Chapter 5.

Chapter 5.

{Calum's p.o.v}

"I Like you Kelsey. A lot."

I waited for her reaction. But she just stared at me. She stared right through me like I was invisible. Then her blank face changed into one of anger and frustration. She balled her fists and I noticed he jaw clench tight. Her eyes narrowed at something behind me, instinct told me to turn around and see what had caused such a reaction from her, so I did.

My own temper rose, and I sighed. As if she found us? How?

"Lexi what are you doing here?" I asked standing in front of Kelsey.

"I came to see where you ran off to silly." She cooed grabbing my hand and trying to pull me away.

I shook her off and stood next to Kelsey.

"What are you doing with her?" she spat.

"We were talking" I said emphasizing the 'were'.

"Well now your not, come on Calum we have a date"

"No, we don't. I declined remember."

"I remember you saying yes and then kissing me"

"Lexi, just go away before I say something I'll regret"

"It's her isn't it. It's because of her you won't come with me."

"What if it is?" Kelsey challenged from next to me.

"Then we'd have a problem" she sneered.

"I don't see a problem" Kelsey said again moving towards Lexi.

There was some weird intense stare off between them, if Kelsey's face was anything like Lexi's I'd would have ran away myself. But she stood grounded a few meters away from her. Then Lexi stormed off making sure it was noticed.

"I'm sorry" I said walking up and joining her. She looked at me and walked away in the same direction of Lexi. Did I miss something? "Kels! Kelsey! Wait, where are you going?"

"Home"

"Why? I thought everything was cool?"

"I'm tired, and I have homework to do. I'll see you later tonight or tomorrow morning" she said in a flat tone.

"Did I do something wrong?"

"No, not at all. I seriously am tired and I really do have homework to do"

"So how are you getting home?"

"I dunno" she shrugged "I'll walk I guess"

"I'll walk you home" I said quickly. I knew she wouldn't know where to go. She'd just moved here and I doubt she spent the first month getting to know her way around. If it was me I'd constantly be on the phone to my mates back home or skyping them or whatever. I wouldn't have walked the streets getting my sense of direction. But it'll come. And I wasn't about to pass up the chance to walk her home.

"You don't have to. You should get back to the others"

I waved her off "they'd manage without me. I'll grab my stuff and we can do our homework together!" As lame as it sounded it just wanted to spend as much time with her as possible. If that meant doing homework, than so be it.

We walked down the halls and soon arrived at my locker. I entered my combination making sure Kelsey wasn't looking which made her laugh. I dumped all my books into my bag and slung it over my shoulder. I did however pop into see everyone to tell them I wasn't staying.

"I'm walking Kelsey home"

They all frowned at me until Luke clicked "ok. Have fun you two, we'll probably see you later" he smirked turning back to strumming his guitar. The others frowned at Luke as we shut the door.